Eye of the tiger

rcsha
The Butcher

Re: Eye of the tiger

Postby rcsha » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:09 am

Phailak wrote:Hu Jing - rcsha

The man's fear was obvious in his yes, there was no way his next words would be lies. Almost... too easy.

Hu Jing spared the man, but just barely. He had a strange inkling that he was walking into a trap - almost like the witness was actually an accomplice. Certainly he'd get another chance to kill him later - he guessed. Sheathing his knives he tapped his finger to his chin. "I guess I'll look into what he said."

Hu Jing Investigates the information he received (ING). C'mon 33 point stat, don't fail me now - give me another roll of 6!
Last edited by rcsha on Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zhang Gao
Officer

Postby Zhang Gao » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:36 am

Phailak wrote:Zhang Gao - Zhang Gao

If Gao expected a lot of resistance or have to use coin to coax this man, he was wrong. The information flowed freely and it was strange but he got what he needed.

"Thank you, my dear friend. I will always remember your help in this matter." Zhang Gao's tone remained soft and friendly, but laced with just enough menace to also serve as a warning that the little merchant would remember if this man was playing him false.

With the information he needed in hand, Zhang Gao returned to the tavern. He eyed the patrons carefully, looking to see who appeared to be the most likely one to know what he needed.

(Using Judgement)

KDS
Lord

Postby KDS » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:13 pm

Phailak wrote:The man seemed caught off guard by Song's soft approach.
He was convinced to confession and provided the information needed but it was not what Song expected, almost fake, something was not right.

Song rubbed his eyes. He was getting too old for this sort of thing. What sense would it be for this man to lie at this point in time? And yet, the old man couldn't shake the feeling that the woven tale was a bit off. As such, he began to investigate...

(Ji Song, China's Sherlock Holmes uses ING to Investigate!)

clouds
General who Splatters all Before Him

Postby clouds » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:25 pm

Hao Wen - clouds

The witness was distracted when Wen found him and whelped once he realized what was needed. He offered the information without resistance though.

Deciding the man was a bit too unhinged at this point to offer anything useful, Hao Wen went back to the tavern to see if he could find out more from the other patrons. He offered a reward for any useful information, promising to pay once the information was verified.

((Thank goodness I boosted my Jud stat >.>. Using Jud to deduce. If it matters, spending up to 50 gold as reward money for good info. Will pay at the end of the quest or if I get kicked out, whichever happens first ^^.))

Wrath
New Recruit

Postby Wrath » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:35 pm

Phailak wrote:Zhao Feng - Wrath

As soon as the man saw Zhao Feng, he attempted to run. It was a weak attempts and Feng caught him easily. It was even easier to get the information needed from him. He had run himself in a corner in a panic... but his movements had seemed almost calculated.

Noticing how calculated the man's movements seemed, Feng was wary that there may be more to this situation than what his eyes might see. However, he decided to take the information he was given and continue his investigation. He began to interrogate the patrons in the establishment about the man in question, with the help of Miao Ang.

((Using powers of deduction (Judgment). Had RP'd having my follower with me, but I'm assuming, for the sake of fairness, I can't actually use him to increase my chances, since no one else RP'd having a follower with them?))

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:14 pm

OOC:
Need replies and decision on course of action by NOON EST 4th please

Here is a summary that is told to all players with individual RPs below.

The man was not found at the establishment but there were clues left as to where his camp might be. In the end, those fortunate enough to ask the right questions and to the right folks found a cook that worked at the camp and was not shy about sharing where the camp lay. It would only be there a few more days apparently though.

The soldiers were more mercenaries than soldiers so infiltrating it should not prove to difficult to confirm the man's presence and hopefully who he was. Cook shared that he was the commander there in case that wasn't clear.

For the stat test, choice is either to use Leadership to command the mercs (COM) or deception (CHA) to pretend you are one of them to confirm target is there and perhaps learn of his identity.

Liu Quan - Anoriand

It was not easy to find someone, anyone to help him find his target but when he was about to give up, he happened to see the cook and headed towards him...

Hu Jing - rcsha

Jing found someone who said maybe the cook knew... a man with access to knives...

Hao Wen - clouds

Try as he might, Wen was unable to figure out who could help him...

Ji Song - KDS

After several interviews, Song guessed right that a camp follower or worker was the way to go.

Zhao Feng - Wrath

When Feng saw the cook on break, he had an idea, maybe someone that worked at the camp might know...

Zhang Gao - Zhang Gao

Gao was ready with coin but he didn't need to pay a dime, he overhead a waitress speak of a camp nearby and that the cook worked there.

OOC: Rolls can be found here

Liu Quan (40), Hu Jing (33), Hao Wen (42), Ji Song (58), Zhao Feng (61), Zhang Gao (80)

Roll 1 => 92
Roll 2 => 51
Roll 3 => 96
Roll 4 => 84
Roll 5 => 2
Roll 6 => 96

Totals
Liu Quan (-52), Hu Jing (-18), Hao Wen (-54), Ji Song (-26), Zhao Feng (59), Zhang Gao (-16)

Hao Wen is out of the quest

Anoriand
Most hated man in China

Postby Anoriand » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:26 pm

Liu Quan found the mercenaries in question, and decided that now was the time to put his years of leadership to the test. He would get that information, and frankly these men were going to come straight out and give it to him.

"ALL RIGHT MEN! LISTEN UP! THERES A MAN I NEED TO FIND, AND *YOU* WILL BE THE KNES TO LEAD ME TO HIM!"

(OOC: Obviously gonna use Com for this!)

rcsha
The Butcher

Postby rcsha » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:10 pm

Phailak wrote:
Hu Jing - rcsha

Jing found someone who said maybe the cook knew... a man with access to knives...

Hu Jing enjoyed chatting with the cook, getting easy information form him as he helped him cut up some meat in return. Everything still seemed a little too easy, but maybe he was just lucky. Having done some mercenary work, himself, he knew just want to do about mercenary soldiers. And for once it wasn't to butcher them to the man - though if it came to it, he wouldn't split hairs.

Using Com to commandeer the target's soldiers.

Zhang Gao
Officer

Postby Zhang Gao » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:06 pm

Phailak wrote:Zhang Gao - Zhang Gao

Gao was ready with coin but he didn't need to pay a dime, he overhead a waitress speak of a camp nearby and that the cook worked there.

Neither option that laid before him was terribly appealing, but even if it was a mighty stretch to pass the soft little merchants as a mercenary, it was a far more likely ploy than trying to assert some sort of dominance over the group. Zhang Gao did his best to pass as one of the mercs, securing an old leather jerkin, a rusty sword, and a dented helmet. His armor and weapon at least looked grizzled, even if he did not.

(Using CHA here!)

Wrath
New Recruit

Postby Wrath » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:19 pm

Phailak wrote:Zhao Feng - Wrath

When Feng saw the cook on break, he had an idea, maybe someone that worked at the camp might know...

Zhao Feng followed his leads to the camp, feeling confident that he would be able to use his notoriety to his advantage. He was the greatest duelist in the land, after all, and he had the credentials as an excellent military man as well. Most mercenaries had at least heard of him, and that reputation opened a lot of doors for him, even as he had gone the mercenary route himself. Feng and his faithful follower approached the camp with the utmost confidence, and Feng declared, "I am Zhao Feng, the Scourge! I come seeking a man!"

He proceeded to describe to the guards the man he was searching for and waited to hear verification of her presence in the camp.

((Using Leadership to command the soldiers to give me the information I need.))

Return to “Quests”