Eye of the tiger

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Eye of the tiger

Postby Phailak » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:49 pm

OOC: Chen Ping unfortunately did not meet the deadline, so we'll set rolls just for consistency
Need replies and decision on course of action by 4pm EST 29th please

Here is a summary that is told to all players with individual RPs below.

The man seems to be in some pain emotionally though at times it seems like too much. He tells a story of his father and brother being murdered in the middle of the night in their home, himself brutally stabbed but managed to survive. He never saw who it was and did not really suspect who could of done such a thing. His work within the empire he supposed, he was a general. There was one witness, but the man feared for his life and did not answer questions. Of course, the victim's motivation was not great to convince him to speak, this is where the heroes come in.

For the stat test, choice is either to use intimidation (MIG) or charm (CHA) to extract the information needed.

Liu Quan - Anoriand

Though there were no tears, the story was interspersed with sobs and sniffles.

"Find him so I may kill him and I will serve your ambitions!"

Unclear if it was a guess or not that he thought Quan even had ambitions.

Hu Jing - rcsha

Shaking his grief, the man pleaded with the one before him.

"If you can only find who did this and offer me the opportunity for revenge, I will put my whole life in your hands. Be it as a commander by your side or simply a good friend when you need. I fear the longer we wait, the more imp..."

He choked on the sobs as if this had just happened.

He shared the details of where to find the man.

Hao Wen - clouds

The crying man went through his story.

"You seem like a strong lad, I am not sure how I could repay you if you can find this bastard but I am desperate, will you help me?"

Ji Song - KDS

After having shared his story, the man had a curious face.

"Do you think you could use your wisdom to find this criminal for me? Name your price."

Zhao Feng - Wrath

He seemed eager to convince the warrior before him.

"Despite my terrible appearance and countenance right now, I am not a weak man and I have some influence, help me find this murderer and I shall make sure your needs are forever taken care of."

Zhang Gao - Zhang Gao

The grieving man seemed disappointed in the man before him's appearance even after exchanging some words but he still did not turn him away.

"If you can identify the man responsible and I get the opportunity to kill him, I will forever be grateful!"

Yu Daoshi - Naxr

At first, it seemed he was having a hard time sharing and eventually asking for help from a woman but he seemed more accepting once the cries stopped.

"I need you to find this man for me so that I may avenge my family, after that I would forfeit my life ambitions to whatever cause you would find just."

rcsha
The Butcher

Postby rcsha » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:38 pm

Phailak wrote:Hu Jing - rcsha

Shaking his grief, the man pleaded with the one before him.

"If you can only find who did this and offer me the opportunity for revenge, I will put my whole life in your hands. Be it as a commander by your side or simply a good friend when you need. I fear the longer we wait, the more imp..."

He choked on the sobs as if this had just happened.

He shared the details of where to find the man.

Hu Jing's smile faded quickly, the man's story was heartbreaking...or at least as heartbroken as Hu Jing could feel. He nodded to the man. "Dun' ya worry none, I'll track down the witness and get him to confess."
He stood up and started to walk away, pausing for a moment. "I mean...testify, yeah that's...that's the word I meant to use."
With that he followed the wounded man's directions; once found, he tracks him until he gets the opportunity to corner the man and draws his knives. "Allo, allo...I hear you witnessed a murder; but refused to testify or even tell anyone who the murderer was. That tells me he was one of two things - or possibly both. Somebody really powerful or somebody just plain scary."
Hu Jing twirled the knives in his hands with a broad grin. "Well let me tell ya somethin'. I'm the second kind, but no the first. Know what that means? That means nobody will recognize me when I do the things I'm about to do to you and I'll get away with them, too."
He made a dismissive motion with one knife. "Or...and this is a big or. Or...you could give me all the information you have and I won't kill you or, y'know, hurt you too badly. Unless I think you're lyin' to me, then I'll cut off parts and use them to beat you around. You ever been hit in the face with your own foot?"

OOC: Uhh...yeah, we're not using the Charm route - definitely using the Might test.

Anoriand
Most hated man in China

Postby Anoriand » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:06 pm

Phailak wrote:Liu Quan - Anoriand

Though there were no tears, the story was interspersed with sobs and sniffles.

"Find him so I may kill him and I will serve your ambitions!"

Unclear if it was a guess or not that he thought Quan even had ambitions.

Quan listened intently to the man across from him, deciding that this was an honorable man who had been wronged and who deserved the chance for vengeance... for justice. With no fanfare, Quan drew his blade and placed it on the table before him. He leaned in and spoke, completely genuine in his statements and his emotions.

"I believe you to be a truly honorable man, and I will be at your side to help you or give you the vengeance... the justice you seek. And when we are done, you can ride by my side as we bring some order to this land. Give me the name and the information I need, and let us see it done."

OOC: Going with Might, for obvious reasons.

Wrath
New Recruit

Postby Wrath » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:05 pm

Phailak wrote:The man seems to be in some pain emotionally though at times it seems like too much. He tells a story of his father and brother being murdered in the middle of the night in their home, himself brutally stabbed but managed to survive. He never saw who it was and did not really suspect who could of done such a thing. His work within the empire he supposed, he was a general. There was one witness, but the man feared for his life and did not answer questions. Of course, the victim's motivation was not great to convince him to speak, this is where the heroes come in.

For the stat test, choice is either to use intimidation (MIG) or charm (CHA) to extract the information needed.

Zhao Feng - Wrath

He seemed eager to convince the warrior before him.

"Despite my terrible appearance and countenance right now, I am not a weak man and I have some influence, help me find this murderer and I shall make sure your needs are forever taken care of."

Zhao Feng was not totally convinced that this man really had anything to offer him that was worth his while. But he decided helping the man had its own merit, and it wasn't as though he really had anything better to do, until he and his crew found a better paying job. And if this man did come through on his promise to repay him, it would just be a pleasant surprise.

"I believe I can help you," Feng said, nodding along. "The witness may not have had reason to answer questions before, but I'm certain I can find that he is...properly motivated. Tell me where to find this man, and I'll find out everything he knows."

((Going for Intimidation.))

clouds
General who Splatters all Before Him

Postby clouds » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:23 pm

Hao Wen - clouds

The crying man went through his story.

"You seem like a strong lad, I am not sure how I could repay you if you can find this bastard but I am desperate, will you help me?"

Hao Wen listened to the story with a grim look on his face. "I'll do what I can to help you. Something like this has to be put to rest."

((Using Might, go figure.))

Zhang Gao
Officer

Postby Zhang Gao » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:18 am

Phailak wrote:The man seems to be in some pain emotionally though at times it seems like too much. He tells a story of his father and brother being murdered in the middle of the night in their home, himself brutally stabbed but managed to survive. He never saw who it was and did not really suspect who could of done such a thing. His work within the empire he supposed, he was a general. There was one witness, but the man feared for his life and did not answer questions. Of course, the victim's motivation was not great to convince him to speak, this is where the heroes come in.

[Zhang Gao - Zhang Gao

The grieving man seemed disappointed in the man before him's appearance even after exchanging some words but he still did not turn him away.

"If you can identify the man responsible and I get the opportunity to kill him, I will forever be grateful!"

Zhang Gao smiled a bit, recognizing the disappointment in the other man. He knew he was nothing special to look upon, especially in matters of force. But looks could be deceiving and softly whispered honeyed words could often serve just as well as a cold blade and a menacing presence.

"Not an easy task you set before me, my friend, but for your sake and for the sake of justice I shall try. Tell me all you know of this witness and we will see if the truth can be pried loose."

Once Zhang Gao had all the information he required, he tracked the fellow down and arranged a private meeting. "I'm told you are the unfortunate witness of a most gruesome and frightening occurance." Zhang Gao shuddered, "I can only imagine the horror, I do so hate the sight of blood. But I am also told you have refused to speak of this ..."

Before the man can respond, Zhang Gao holds up a hand. "Oh, you needn't explain yourself to me. I understand completely, the one responsible must be a most dangerous and deadly party. Of course, you know you will never truly be safe while he still lives. Sadly, there is only one way he can truly ensure your silence. That is of course, unless you strike first. Not you personally, and oh no, certainly not I, but there are others would act and remove this threat. They only need to know who and where. All you need to do to ensure your safety, my friend, is whisper in my ear.

((Using Charisma))

Naxr
Colonel

Postby Naxr » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:32 am

Yu Daoshi - Naxr

At first, it seemed he was having a hard time sharing and eventually asking for help from a woman but he seemed more accepting once the cries stopped.

"I need you to find this man for me so that I may avenge my family, after that I would forfeit my life ambitions to whatever cause you would find just."

"I cannot imagine how painful this has been for you, and I hear in your heart the hope for justice in this matter. I too share the desire for justice, and together we can find it."

Finding the possible witness, Daoshi sat down with him in as private a meeting place as possible, approaching in the same gentle manner in which she had approached the first man in the bar. "Greetings, I am Yu Daoshi. I have come to you due to recent events. I understand it must be hard to revisit this, and that you might wish to just move on. I too look forward to the day when this is behind us. What a weight it is that you may hold... In any case, it is a less safe place here as long as justice is not served. Can one truly rest one's head in peace until such is the case? For everyone's sake, help us end this. If there is anything that might help us in this investigation, help us help one another."

OOC: Using charisma...

KDS
Lord

Postby KDS » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:44 am

Phailak wrote:After having shared his story, the man had a curious face.

"Do you think you could use your wisdom to find this criminal for me? Name your price."

Ji Song sighed deep into his cup as he drank the last of the wine in it. Looking inside the cup for a few moments, he motioned the man look with him.

"Wisdom, you ask for. Wisdom.... very well. Let this old man teach a lesson."

"You seek revenge, retribution for the deaths of your father and brother. When I entered I sought a cup of wine to drink to quench my thirst. Thing is, I've drunk my wine... and I am not yet satisfied. So I will ask for another, and another, and another until either I feel as though I have had my fill or I am overwhelmed by drink and collapse here at this place."

Motioning for another drink, he waits until it is poured, rolling the liquid within the cup before continuing.

"But I rarely realize that I've had my fill. It's the same with vengeance, with shedding blood. At first, you feel justified, even possessed as if the Heavens were willing you to cause. But when the deed is done, you, like this cup are empty and require filling again. And so the cycle continues. You say you are a general. You must know of what I speak..."

Downing another cup, Song flipped it over with the circled lip now touching the table.

"But if you seek wisdom, if you seek understanding and are not committed to a bloodletting, I will help you. That is my price. But now I need information, knowledge to help in this endeavor. Will you help me?"

(OOC: Ji Song, China Hippie Extraordinare chooses Charm!)

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:49 am

OOC:
Need replies and decision on course of action by 10am EST 31st please

Here is a summary that is told to all players with individual RPs below.

The man confesses that he is scared for his life that the one who did this saw him, he was very intimidating. He looked like a commander in the military and the ease with which he...
Unfortunately, he did not know who he was though he guessed by his demeanor and attire to be famous enough to be recognized. He gave a description and said he heard he was going to get a drink at the same establishment the mystery warrior was at before heading back to camp, perhaps someone would remember him.

Players will have noticed that the man cracked easily under pressure and offered the information freely.

For the stat test, choice is either to use investigation (ING) or deduction (JUD) to extract the information needed from the patrons at the tavern.

Liu Quan - Anoriand

Once the man was found, intimidation was barely needed to coax him into a confession. Was he sweating before Quan even said a word?

Hu Jing - rcsha

The man's fear was obvious in his yes, there was no way his next words would be lies. Almost... too easy.

Hao Wen - clouds

The witness was distracted when Wen found him and whelped once he realized what was needed. He offered the information without resistance though.

Ji Song - KDS

The man seemed caught off guard by Song's soft approach.
He was convinced to confession and provided the information needed but it was not what Song expected, almost fake, something was not right.

Zhao Feng - Wrath

As soon as the man saw Zhao Feng, he attempted to run. It was a weak attempts and Feng caught him easily. It was even easier to get the information needed from him. He had run himself in a corner in a panic... but his movements had seemed almost calculated.

Zhang Gao - Zhang Gao

If Gao expected a lot of resistance or have to use coin to coax this man, he was wrong. The information flowed freely and it was strange but he got what he needed.

Yu Daoshi - Naxr

Though Daoshi found the man, he avoided her. When she finally caught up to him and cornered him, he simply refused to help, babbling some incomprehensible sentences. What she found strange was that he actually seemed eager to speak once she was able to speak to him...

OOC: Rolls can be found here

Liu Quan (73), Hu Jing (84), Hao Wen (96), Ji Song (78), Zhao Feng (102), Zhang Gao (60), Yu Daoshi (63)

Roll 1 => 50
Roll 2 => 6
Roll 3 => 21
Roll 4 => 89
Roll 5 => 70
Roll 6 => 16
Roll 7 => 97

Totals
Liu Quan (23), Hu Jing (78), Hao Wen (75), Ji Song (-11), Zhao Feng (32), Zhang Gao (44), Yu Daoshi (-34)

Naxr is out of the quest

Anoriand
Most hated man in China

Postby Anoriand » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:59 am

Quan eyed the informant, curious as to the goings on. He was already so scared... was he already being pressured by someone? Quan would have to act quickly if he was to be successful. He headed to the tavern as necessary and began to question the patrons, using his own judgement to try and figure out the situation.

OOC: No difference statistically, but I'll go the JUD route.

Return to “Quests”