Eye of the tiger

Naxr
Colonel

Re: Eye of the tiger

Postby Naxr » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:16 pm

Always the curious one, Yu Daoshi showed up in Bao looking for the man at the drinking establishment who was said to be suffering in some way.

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:04 am

OOC

Before I start individual RPs, let's set this up.

Participants 8 participants
Liu Quan - Anoriand
Hu Jing - rcsha
Hao Wen - clouds
Ji Song - KDS
Chen Ping - Chen Ping
Zhao Feng - Wrath
Zhang Gao - Zhang Gao
Yu Daoshi - Naxr

I need to move this along, I expect RP posts within 24 hours from my replies. If you fail to RP an answer or reply, you're out.
In terms of gameplay, basically there will be 6 individual stats tests (one for each and another for the average) or 6 rounds if you will at the end of which only one person will be in the final 'scene' for the chance to gain the loyalty of a historical NPC. The way it will work is the worst differentials will be removed (so if it's a CHA test and you have 48, roll a 98 that's -50 right, your opponent might have 23 but rolled a 26, -3, he moves on, you don't.)

I know, it's basically chance but the RP will still have some impact if done properly, but more on the story than the chance of 'winning' the NPC.

Round breakdowns
Round 1 - 8 Parts => Only one person removed, 7 move on
Round 2 - 7 Parts => Only one person removed, 6 move on
Round 3 - 6 Parts => Only one person removed, 5 move on
Round 4 - 5 Parts => Two people removed, 3 move on
Round 5 - 3 Parts => Only one person removed, 2 move on
Round 6 - 2 Parts => Only one goes on.

When I RP replies, I will count the first one as a kind of sign up for that test, you can of course continue to RP accordingly. There will be no chance to interact between participants. Obviously, you can't use what you read from other RPs within your own.

Good luck!

Registration closed

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:28 am

OOC: Please quote my RPs when replying, I know it's a pain but I have to follow 8 individual ones :mrgreen:

Liu Quan - Anoriand

Liu Quan found the man pretty easily. You can tell he was a commander, had served in the military. He watched as Liu Quan approached but waited for the man to speak.

Hu Jing - rcsha

It was not too long before Hu Jing was in contact with the rumored vengeance seeker. He was sitting at a table, nurturing some wine.

Hao Wen - clouds

The man was sitting at a table as if he owned the establishment, he seemed to be waiting for someone or anyone considering the rumors.

Ji Song - KDS

Song entered the establishment which was empty save for what looked like a military commander brooding at his table.

Chen Ping - Chen Ping

Ping saw the man at a table, buried in a cup of wine. Despite looking depressed, he was obviously a man of means and authority.

Zhao Feng - Wrath

Feng found the man drinking at a table in the village Bao. He did not look like he wanted company though he looked like he was waiting for someone or something.

Zhang Gao - Zhang Gao

Gao found him immediately sulking at his table, sighs escaping his mouth between gulps of wine!

Yu Daoshi - Naxr

Daoshi found the man in the main tavern in Bao, drinking away his sorrows it seemed.

rcsha
The Butcher

Postby rcsha » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:38 am

Phailak wrote:Hu Jing - rcsha

It was not too long before Hu Jing was in contact with the rumored vengeance seeker. He was sitting at a table, nurturing some wine.

Hu Jing strolled up to the man's table with a broad grin. "Ho-ho, you're a touch man to find. I've drank my way through half this town looking for you."
He swayed a bit and shook his head. "My name's Hu Jing, they call me The Barber."
He ruffled his bushy beard. "Y'know, on account 'a the fact that I used t' cut hair for a livin'."
He shook his head and laughed "Y'know what? Never mind, you didn't ask; I'll hold my life story for later. More importantly...a few people have told me you're looking for somebody. Somebody what might not want to be found by you in a dark alley, so to speak, righ'?"

Zhang Gao
Officer

Postby Zhang Gao » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:43 am

Phailak wrote:Zhang Gao - Zhang Gao

Gao found him immediately sulking at his table, sighs escaping his mouth between gulps of wine!

Zhang Gao plopped himself down across from the man. "Not the finest vintage," he says gesturing to the man's cup, "but it does numb the pain, does it not? Still, if the rumors I'm told are correct you have a greater thirst than wine could ever quench. A thirst for vengeance I'm told. Perhaps I can be of some use towards that end. I am known as Zhang Gao."

Anoriand
Most hated man in China

Postby Anoriand » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:58 am

Phailak wrote:Liu Quan - Anoriand

Liu Quan found the man pretty easily. You can tell he was a commander, had served in the military. He watched as Liu Quan approached but waited for the man to speak.

Quan was quickly led to and able to identify the man. He was a commander... he had an air about him that Quan was all too familiar with. Hell, look at what just happened under Luo Jian: Quan was a commander who failed and ultimately felt disgraced... this was his chance to make things right. The man didn't speak, and for a moment neither did Quan. He then reached into a satchel at his side pulling out some coins and hailing over a server in the tavern. As he handed the server the coins, he spoke.

"Pay this mans tab on my coin. And if he orders anything else, it's on me." Quan then waved the server away before sitting down opposite the man and speaking to him.

"Let's cut through the customary small talk of two people meeting. I have heard of a man in this area who had been wronged. A man in need of vindication... of vengeance. I've been told it was you. Being a man who needs some personal vindication himself, I have a proposition... let me hear your story. Let me help you. Maybe... maybe helping you seek the vindication you need will be a sort of vindication for me. Maybe... maybe it will be a proof that I'm worth something." Quan then extended a hand across the table for a handshake as he finished.

"The name is Liu Quan. What's your story?"

clouds
General who Splatters all Before Him

Postby clouds » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:37 pm

Hao Wen - clouds

The man was sitting at a table as if he owned the establishment, he seemed to be waiting for someone or anyone considering the rumors.

Hao Wen figured this man might be the owner, likely someone who woud know more about the rumor. Heading to the table, he introduced himself. "Greetings, my name is Hao Wen. I was told of a man in this area who is seeking help to punish some criminals. I was wondering if you'd know anything about this man and his plight?"

Naxr
Colonel

Postby Naxr » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:07 pm

Yu Daoshi - Naxr

Daoshi found the man in the main tavern in Bao, drinking away his sorrows it seemed.

Daoshi noticed the man at the tavern who fit the description of what she'd heard. She slowly walked up and gently sat down next to him. She took a deep breath as she breathed in the space around him, guessing at his emotional state, and felt in her body what he might be feeling. Not knowing exactly what he might be experiencing, she began to speak in a soothing tone, "Good sir, I can't help but notice that there is a deep meaning to what brings you here. If you would desire to share it, I would gladly listen. Pain is much more difficult to bear when we are alone with it..."

Wrath
New Recruit

Postby Wrath » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:46 pm

Phailak wrote:Zhao Feng - Wrath

Feng found the man drinking at a table in the village Bao. He did not look like he wanted company though he looked like he was waiting for someone or something.

Zhao Feng and Miao Ang approached the man at the table. He appeared to be waiting for someone. Feng had not real reason to suspect this man possessed any information he desired, and therefore, he had no reason to approach him. Except that he was alone and would be easy to question. The two approached the man.

Placing a hand on an empty chair, Feng said to him, "Next round's on me, if it's worth a moment of your time, sir. And the round after that,
if you have any information that can help me. My friend and I have heard rumors of a man looking to hire someone to help him get a certain kind of revenge. I know it's not a lot to go on. But I don't suppose you know anything about it?"

KDS
Lord

Postby KDS » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:28 am

Phailak wrote:Ji Song - KDS

Song entered the establishment which was empty save for what looked like a military commander brooding at his table.

Song looked around the tavern and noted its emptiness. ~Business must be bad. Maybe the wine here is terrible...~ the old man thought to himself. Catching the imposing figure at his table, noting his military garb, Song continued his thoughts. ~Or maybe its because of that fella right there...~

He had heard of a person seeking vengeance as he had entered the village but truthfully, all Song wanted first was a drink. The journey back to his hut was long and he still had some time left on his journey to go. Taking a seat near the innkeeper, he gestured for a drink. If and when received, he motion with the cup toward the gentlemen commander and down his cup, sighing in contentment afterward. If the innkeeper was willing to stop a moment as he refilled Song's cup, Song would motion to the only other customer and softly speak.

"Care to tell an old man what that guy's story is? Seems he's scaring off some customers."

Return to “Quests”