Changsha - Han Xuan's Audience Hall

Han Xuan
New Recruit

Re: Changsha - Han Xuan's Audience Hall

Postby Han Xuan » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:57 am

Krimzon wrote:As the seasons change to spring, the days shorten and the weather becomes warmer. Yue Fei travels the long distance to the audience hall of Han Xuan. Before proceeding into the chamber, he pauses. The brief pause gave Yue a moment to collect himself before entering. This moment was the beginning - with an army at his back, he could accomplish anything.

Fei was met at the gates with the one hundred soldiers. Though it was not offered to visit with Lord Han, it seemed possible to request it should it be needed.

OOC: Enjoy the troops!

KDS
Lord

Postby KDS » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:20 pm

(Assuming Ji Song survives the Quest Battle)

"At least it's a little warmer..."

The old man tipped his straw hat as he shielded his eyes from the sun, making his way once again to the administrative buildings of Changsha. He had been promised help and truthfully his old bones could use it. He wasn't a complete invalid however and wouldn't need whatever they scrounged up for him. Hopefully Changsha had contacts for someone who was a bit more useful than your average recruit...

Han Xuan
New Recruit

Postby Han Xuan » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:02 pm

KDS wrote:(Assuming Ji Song survives the Quest Battle)

"At least it's a little warmer..."

The old man tipped his straw hat as he shielded his eyes from the sun, making his way once again to the administrative buildings of Changsha. He had been promised help and truthfully his old bones could use it. He wasn't a complete invalid however and wouldn't need whatever they scrounged up for him. Hopefully Changsha had contacts for someone who was a bit more useful than your average recruit...

He was directed to a side room where some candidates were waiting for him to interview them. He was promised they would be loyal and determined.

OOC: 100 contact points granted, can be used right away or kept for later

Krimzon
Colonel

Postby Krimzon » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:37 pm

Yue Fei was slightly squat compared to the average soldier but his hair was perfectly kept and gleamed with herbal oil as he bowed to the guards on duty. "Yue Fei." he announced. "I have arrived to relay the report of Xiangnan to Magistrate Han Xuan" He reached into his under-tunic and retrieved the bamboo slip.
Yue Fei (岳飞) (32) 82-19-88-86-63 Administrator I, Cover I, Deride I, Infiltrator I, Poison II, Spy I, Succor I, Volley II

Han Xuan
New Recruit

Postby Han Xuan » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:16 pm

"Very good, sir! We will ge-" The guards began to speak before a voice cut them off.

"I'll take him." Wei Yan stepped into view, commanding the attention of the guards who just silently nodded. Wei Yan looked at Yue Fei for a moment somewhat inquisitively, then waved his hand back with him as he stepped into the atrium.

As they arrived, Wei Yan took a position near Han Xuan, near enough that he could admonish him if he had to, and turned and stood at attention as Han Xuan spoke.

"Ahhh, yes. Master... Fei, was it? To what do I owe the visit?" Wei Yan tapped Han Xuan on the shoulder who looked up at him, then had a moment of realization.

"Oh! The uhh... pleasure. To what do I owe the pleasure?"

Krimzon
Colonel

Postby Krimzon » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:47 pm

Yue Fei offered the bamboo slip to Han Xuan. It summarized the achievements and accounted the losses of battle:
Siege of Xiangnan wrote:- Xiangnan is occupied by loyal forces
- Bandit army is defeated
- Bi Xiang and Ping Ganghan avoided capture.
- 129 Troops and 118 armaments lost in battle

Yue watched Han with a mildly curious expression, his thumbs idly fussed at a thread on his crimson robe "There was another sizable army, Magistrate Han. It carried a banner and sigil I am not familiar with." His eyebrow raised quizzically though his tone held at a polite neutral. "My scouts report that it also marched on the village." Yue Fei bowed respectfully to the Magistrate. As much as he disliked the politics and bureaucracy of the court, he realised that much of their needs were now the same. "Much of the losses at Xiangnan have been replenished, Magistrate. I await further orders."
Yue Fei (岳飞) (32) 82-19-88-86-63 Administrator I, Cover I, Deride I, Infiltrator I, Poison II, Spy I, Succor I, Volley II

Han Xuan
New Recruit

Postby Han Xuan » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:24 am

Han Xuan lazily took the slip and began looking it over. For a moment his head started to droop but, like clockwork, two fingers jabbed into his shoulder and he focused on reading the whole slip. When Yue Fei finished, Han Xuan spoke.

"Oh, another army?" He looked at Wei Yan and whispered to him.

"Could it be another one of ours?" Wei Yan shook his head, indicating that the officers who came to them all marched elsewhere. Han Xuan looked back at Yue Fei.

"Did you end up having to fight that army too?"

Krimzon
Colonel

Postby Krimzon » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:34 am

Yue shook his head, troubled. "I did not. The force halted its advance when our army engaged the village garrison - some several hundred men, at least." He said, "Had our own forces delayed, Magistrate..." The greying tactician trailed off, allowing Han Xuan to consider the possibilities.

Han Xuan
New Recruit

Postby Han Xuan » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:05 pm

Han Xuan stared blankly at the man until he finished, then also remained silent as the man trailed off. He continued to stare, seeing if the sentence would be finished until after too many moments of silence Wei Yan spoke.

"Understood. Thank you for your service, but that means we need to be careful moving forward. That army could return at a moments notice." Wei Yan then motioned over an attendant and whispered in his ear, the attendant leaving the room briefly and returning with a small satchel which he handed to Yue Fei as Wei Yan finished.

"As you are the first of all of the men of ambition to report back after we trusted any with soldiers, this is a reward for you. It's small, but your conquests thus far have been small. Continue winning, and they will grow." He then stared at Han Xuan for a moment, who had a blank expression on his face until he seemed to realize what was going on and snap back to attention.

"Yes, yes! Good job. Well done. Appreciate it... so, uhm... do you have anything else to discuss, or...?"

Yue Fei receives 50 gold!

Krimzon
Colonel

Postby Krimzon » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:22 pm

For a moment, Yue Fei's displeasure at Han Xuans conduct was evident upon his features. He considered but subsided reluctantly, rubbing one of his ears before settling himself again. Instead, he offered a brief smile to Wei Yan and inclined his head in thanks for the gift. "If there are no further orders?" He asked as he flicked a glance towards Han Xuan.

OOC: Thanks!

Return to “Audience Halls”