Changsha - Han Xuan's Audience Hall

User avatar
Krimzon
Colonel
Posts: 757
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:43 pm

Re: Changsha - Han Xuan's Audience Hall

Postby Krimzon » Wed May 09, 2018 6:55 am

KDS
Nodding faintly as Ji spoke, Yue Fei paused at his last words, the topic bringing a different twinge of emotions. "Ah, yes..." he responded, his words mixing his quiet pride in his achievements with a glimmer of sorrow. Such a question had long been in his own mind, and with his usual sense of purpose still weakened by the recent obituary of Pan Shaozu, his thoughts were even more splintered. His brow furrowing in thought, Yue Fei spoke in a careful, pensive tone. "In these lands of ours, many evils roam free. Chaos plagues the land, and mistrust is sown with even the smallest of words or actions."
Yue Fei (岳飞) (32) 82-19-88-86-63 Administrator I, Cover I, Deride I, Infiltrator I, Poison II, Spy I, Succor I, Volley II

User avatar
KDS
Lord
Posts: 1383
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:19 am
Location: Somewhere In Jing Province...
Contact:

Re: Changsha - Han Xuan's Audience Hall

Postby KDS » Wed May 09, 2018 11:23 am

Krimzon wrote:KDS
Nodding faintly as Ji spoke, Yue Fei paused at his last words, the topic bringing a different twinge of emotions. "Ah, yes..." he responded, his words mixing his quiet pride in his achievements with a glimmer of sorrow. Such a question had long been in his own mind, and with his usual sense of purpose still weakened by the recent obituary of Pan Shaozu, his thoughts were even more splintered. His brow furrowing in thought, Yue Fei spoke in a careful, pensive tone. "In these lands of ours, many evils roam free. Chaos plagues the land, and mistrust is sown with even the smallest of words or actions."


Song grunted, waving his hand slightly.

"I'm the old one here. Let me worry about being reflective of the times. You have a job to do. Focus on that. I'm sure that there will be plenty of time for reflection when all is said and done... or we'll be dead and it won't matter anyway."

With a chuckle, Song refilled his cup and downed it again, another sigh of relief emerging before continuing.

"Well then, I told you I would submit and here I am. I am only one old man with one village, my ambitions long since diminished. But they are yours, as am I."

User avatar
Krimzon
Colonel
Posts: 757
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:43 pm

Re: Changsha - Han Xuan's Audience Hall

Postby Krimzon » Wed May 09, 2018 6:18 pm

KDS
Yue took a sip of wine and paused for a moment, looking around before continuing in a somewhat louder voice, "Even as the land around us stirs, I’ve received news of several towns and villages whose leaders have decided to mobilize armies and strike out against me." He said, shaking his head and frowning. "I've also heard many petty dictators claim power which has caused untold strife. You are tasked with removing these upstarts from the province. It is a rarity indeed, Ji Song, to see such virtue and honour in this most turbulent time." He said, sliding an elegantly-scripted parchment with a small brass seal siting atop across the desk towards him. "I don’t normally promote so rapidly, but you are the first to declare your loyalty to Changsha. I hope that your new position will enable you to excel in future endeavours in Jing." Yue smiled lightly, "I am fortunate as one Ji Song is a greater boon than a thousand men."

Ji Song,

Hereby promoted to "Officer of the Department of Merit" under the Grand Administrator of Changsha.

Signed,
Yue Fei
Protector of Jing.
Yue Fei (岳飞) (32) 82-19-88-86-63 Administrator I, Cover I, Deride I, Infiltrator I, Poison II, Spy I, Succor I, Volley II

User avatar
KDS
Lord
Posts: 1383
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:19 am
Location: Somewhere In Jing Province...
Contact:

Re: Changsha - Han Xuan's Audience Hall

Postby KDS » Wed May 09, 2018 9:43 pm

Krimzon wrote:KDS
Yue took a sip of wine and paused for a moment, looking around before continuing in a somewhat louder voice, "Even as the land around us stirs, I’ve received news of several towns and villages whose leaders have decided to mobilize armies and strike out against me." He said, shaking his head and frowning. "I've also heard many petty dictators claim power which has caused untold strife. You are tasked with removing these upstarts from the province. It is a rarity indeed, Ji Song, to see such virtue and honour in this most turbulent time." He said, sliding an elegantly-scripted parchment with a small brass seal siting atop across the desk towards him. "I don’t normally promote so rapidly, but you are the first to declare your loyalty to Changsha. I hope that your new position will enable you to excel in future endeavours in Jing." Yue smiled lightly, "I am fortunate as one Ji Song is a greater boon than a thousand men."

Ji Song,

Hereby promoted to "Officer of the Department of Merit" under the Grand Administrator of Changsha.

Signed,
Yue Fei
Protector of Jing.



Song grunted as he eyed the document in front of him and then took hold of the seal.

"You should save your favors for better men. Every true battle I've been in I've lost. I've only come across abandoned villages as they fear your or others approaches. I'm just an old fool playing at war... waiting for a chance at peace."

Still, Song knew it be best to accept the authority and offered a small salute with outstretched hands.

"Officer Ji Song accepts the charge, my Lord."

User avatar
Wrath
Not-so-new recruit
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:04 pm

Re: Changsha - Han Xuan's Audience Hall

Postby Wrath » Wed May 09, 2018 11:27 pm

Krimzon wrote:Wrath
In only just a few brief minutes, a man dressed in the colours of Changsha emerged. Stepping forward, the crimson-robed man inclined his head politely in acknowledgement to the man, "I welcome you. The Protector of Jing invites you to the Audience Hall where he may receive your properly. He said smoothly. "Lord Yue has already taken the liberty of preparing wine from the local vineyards." He clutched his hands together and bowed his upper body respectfully "Full honours have been granted for the valiant King of Fighters, Champion of Guiyang Zhao Feng. Please follow me."


Zhao Feng frowned when he saw that it was only a messenger that came to greet his men. He knew his men, even if relatively few in number, were proud of their exceptional training and were eager to give a demonstration of their skills. He felt a little insulted, as he knew they would be. But still, not wanting to walk out on what could be a promising relationship, Feng decided only to bring a small entourage of his most skilled men. He gestured for Miao Ang and Cang Wu to follow them, and as the three left his tent and followed the crimson-robed man, he signaled to Sheng Li--the man standing at the head of his army--to join them. Together, the four men followed the emissary to Lord Yue's audience chamber.

User avatar
Krimzon
Colonel
Posts: 757
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:43 pm

Re: Changsha - Han Xuan's Audience Hall

Postby Krimzon » Thu May 10, 2018 5:47 am

KDS
"Good." The response was swift, no particular thought being needed to find the words, nor did Yue Fei wish to give Ji Song undue praise. "While you may have not been with me, that is due to your loyal service to Lord Han. While I may officially be the ruler you now serve, it is first due to your loyalty to Governor Han Xuan that has enabled this meeting."

He raised an eyebrow, his tone remaining smooth and mild. "And I think it is fairly clear that the best way to assist Jing, given the current situation, is to assist me. My sympathies and goals may not have been closely aligned with Han Xuan, yet today he resides in my lands, and benefits from the comfort and living befitting of a noble."

Folding his crimson-sleeved arms over his chest, he paused only slightly, his lip curving a bit in a contemplative frown, but resumed speaking, his tone finally thinning a little to match his frown. "I too want peace and would accept and value those who seek the same." His brow tightened. "The scholar does not consider gold and jade to be precious treasures, but loyalty and good faith above all."

Wrath
An honour guard had been prepared, in their lacquered armour, the soldiers resembled a dark splashes of blood leading up the city steps to the Audience Hall. Spears gleamed in the sun as the platoon formed up behind the group. It was just a few brief minutes before the gate to the main audience hall was opened, and Zhao Feng and his companions were escorted inside. A company of soldiers lined the plaza in their filed formation - the ranking officer in Yue Fei’s guard - standing center-front, Shun Tuan. The interior of the hall proper was of a fairly standard layout, an elongated room with a slightly raised area at the far end, upon which rested a large wooden desk. Various tapestries decorated the room, providing vibrant colour and life to what would otherwise be a rather austere room. "I fear that I must ask that you remove your weapons before proceeding." The messenger said. Once this had been agreed, the deep resounding of drums filled the area as the platoon welcomed Zhao Feng and the companions. "Zhao Feng, Champion of Guiyang. Welcome." They chanted.

Looking out across the long, slate tiled floor at Zhao as he entered was a man dressed like most in the area, in deep crimson court attire, although one with a good eye for clothing design could note that his robes were impeccably tailored. His angular jaw was covered with a moderately thick, although not particularly long beard of jet black, and while no particular sign of aging yet appeared on his countenance, he certainly was well past the freshness of youth.

"Welcome to Changsha," He greeted with the usual mild, slightly inquiring smile that generally accompanied those words. He motioned for the visitors to come forward and have a seat at the chairs opposite his desk. "I am always pleased to be able to greet guests, as Kiao Anguosuo tells me" He gestured to the strangers sitting opposite, "you are a great champion. Kiao and Yun begged me to allow this meeting."

It was not that much longer before several maidens began to trickle in, gathering together with a variety of different expressions on their faces, but most looked pleased when they looked in Zhaos' direction. Their delicate hands reach for short tasselled scimitars for their first performance. "It is said that a skilled swordsmaiden can possess the power to hold back the rivers and repulse the movements of the ocean. I hope you approve" Yue said, with a smile. "A toast, to The Scourge of the Kingdoms." His beaker was raised, waiting for Zhaos' response.
Yue Fei (岳飞) (32) 82-19-88-86-63 Administrator I, Cover I, Deride I, Infiltrator I, Poison II, Spy I, Succor I, Volley II

User avatar
Wrath
Not-so-new recruit
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:04 pm

Re: Changsha - Han Xuan's Audience Hall

Postby Wrath » Thu May 10, 2018 12:53 pm

Krimzon wrote:Wrath
An honour guard had been prepared, in their lacquered armour, the soldiers resembled a dark splashes of blood leading up the city steps to the Audience Hall. Spears gleamed in the sun as the platoon formed up behind the group. It was just a few brief minutes before the gate to the main audience hall was opened, and Zhao Feng and his companions were escorted inside. A company of soldiers lined the plaza in their filed formation - the ranking officer in Yue Fei’s guard - standing center-front, Shun Tuan. The interior of the hall proper was of a fairly standard layout, an elongated room with a slightly raised area at the far end, upon which rested a large wooden desk. Various tapestries decorated the room, providing vibrant colour and life to what would otherwise be a rather austere room. "I fear that I must ask that you remove your weapons before proceeding." The messenger said. Once this had been agreed, the deep resounding of drums filled the area as the platoon welcomed Zhao Feng and the companions. "Zhao Feng, Champion of Guiyang. Welcome." They chanted.

Looking out across the long, slate tiled floor at Zhao as he entered was a man dressed like most in the area, in deep crimson court attire, although one with a good eye for clothing design could note that his robes were impeccably tailored. His angular jaw was covered with a moderately thick, although not particularly long beard of jet black, and while no particular sign of aging yet appeared on his countenance, he certainly was well past the freshness of youth.

"Welcome to Changsha," He greeted with the usual mild, slightly inquiring smile that generally accompanied those words. He motioned for the visitors to come forward and have a seat at the chairs opposite his desk. "I am always pleased to be able to greet guests, as Kiao Anguosuo tells me" He gestured to the strangers sitting opposite, "you are a great champion. Kiao and Yun begged me to allow this meeting."

It was not that much longer before several maidens began to trickle in, gathering together with a variety of different expressions on their faces, but most looked pleased when they looked in Zhaos' direction. Their delicate hands reach for short tasselled scimitars for their first performance. "It is said that a skilled swordsmaiden can possess the power to hold back the rivers and repulse the movements of the ocean. I hope you approve" Yue said, with a smile. "A toast, to The Scourge of the Kingdoms." His beaker was raised, waiting for Zhaos' response.


Zhao Feng looked to each of his men and nodded for them to relax. Living amidst a traveling camp for so long, they were hardly used to such displays. This sort of affair made them all a little uncomfortable, Feng included, but nonetheless, he appreciated the gesture. It made up for the man's failure to inspect his forces himself. While his three companions took their seats, Zhao Feng remained standing, as sitting with strangers always kept him on edge. He had trained himself to remain alert and vigilant, even when he was relatively sure that a man could be trusted.

"Thank you for your hospitality, Lord Yue," Zhao Feng spoke loudly and clearly. "We are but humble mercenaries, and still you honor us.
As Champion of Guiyang, I have gained much notoriety for my men, and I can assure you that every one of them will fight as fiercely as I did there. At current count, I lead one thousand one hundred and forty men, not counting these present, and possess nearly two thousand armaments to commit to your cause. I hope you understand that my loyalty, most of all, is to my men. We will fight for you, but only if you can first assure me that joining you is in their best interests."

User avatar
KDS
Lord
Posts: 1383
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:19 am
Location: Somewhere In Jing Province...
Contact:

Re: Changsha - Han Xuan's Audience Hall

Postby KDS » Thu May 10, 2018 9:52 pm

Krimzon wrote:KDS
"Good." The response was swift, no particular thought being needed to find the words, nor did Yue Fei wish to give Ji Song undue praise. "While you may have not been with me, that is due to your loyal service to Lord Han. While I may officially be the ruler you now serve, it is first due to your loyalty to Governor Han Xuan that has enabled this meeting."

He raised an eyebrow, his tone remaining smooth and mild. "And I think it is fairly clear that the best way to assist Jing, given the current situation, is to assist me. My sympathies and goals may not have been closely aligned with Han Xuan, yet today he resides in my lands, and benefits from the comfort and living befitting of a noble."

Folding his crimson-sleeved arms over his chest, he paused only slightly, his lip curving a bit in a contemplative frown, but resumed speaking, his tone finally thinning a little to match his frown. "I too want peace and would accept and value those who seek the same." His brow tightened. "The scholar does not consider gold and jade to be precious treasures, but loyalty and good faith above all."


Nodding, Song eyed the parchment one final time.

"Very well then, I shall move these old bones in haste to execute on your command. Before I do so, I must make note that you said I was the first to declare for you. Are there no others that follow your direction? I would not want to move a force against an ally. Perhaps if you would write certain names on this parchment, I would remember them."

User avatar
Zhou Dun
New Recruit
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:09 am

Re: Changsha - Han Xuan's Audience Hall

Postby Zhou Dun » Thu May 10, 2018 10:14 pm

Days earlier

The quick sprint of bare feet made for a hasty speed. A gawdy looking man in only a straw mat around his lanky frame dashed for the hills. A single piece of parchment gripped tightly. "Lord Mao! Lord Mao!"

Mao had been sitting by the river in deep contemplation before hearing his trusty missive call out. Mao sighed as he stood from sittingnon the bank and dusted himself off. "Lord Mao!" the man kneeling down and handing the letter to him. Mao reads it and nods. "Thank you Plum, you are too good for me."

Shortly after, The Band of The Bear soon followed suit. Gang taking the lead, they were also accompanied by the same escorts spoke of in the letter. Mao's journey would turn from a walk alone to a ride with his family and possible new friends. He rested in the horse-carted wagon, staring at the passing river streams and hillsides.

Present Day

Mao was lead into Changsha with his men. It was quite an uneasiness among the troop, especially Zhou Gang who's large forehead burned red with worry. Mao would soon be lead out of the cart. The man was only wielding a walking stick and a flute which he hands to his trusty cousin before speaking the whomever greets him. The old man's face shone with positivity and bowed to who would approach.

"Happy greetings. I am Zhou Mao, of Guiyang. My day has been blessed by the humble invitation of Our Protector Yue Fei. If he has still permitted it then I am ready for all necessary arrangements before any formalities."

User avatar
Krimzon
Colonel
Posts: 757
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:43 pm

Re: Changsha - Han Xuan's Audience Hall

Postby Krimzon » Sat May 12, 2018 5:46 pm

Wrath
"If your men fight as ferociously as their lord then your enemies are surely doomed." Yue's brow then furrowed, concern finding its way onto his face as he observed Zhao. "Please, feel free to have a seat; will you not honour a toast to your triumphs, Zhao Feng?" Sighing heavily, Yue let a long moment of silence stretch out as he pondered, "If you are open to the idea of strengthening the rule of Han, perhaps this would be a place to serve. I realise that those of a militaristic mindset may loath to set aside opportunities to use their skills, and indeed this is why I require those who can lead military campaigns. Would you use your sword to serve in times of failure in diplomacy?"

KDS
Yue Fei silently pushed the top sheet across the desk and penned in brief but fluid strokes, giving the names of those who had declared allegiance, and other indications of the strength and morale of the armies. At the bottom was an assessment of the military strength in Jing, the number listed there was more than a little eyebrow-raising. With an upward quirk of his mouth, Yue Fei put the finishing touches to the bamboo scroll, being careful not to smudge the ink as it dried. "Well then..." Yue paused briefly, his lips quirking in a small frown, turning the parchment to face Ji Song. "I am still expecting some formal declarations of support..."
Chen Ping - [redacted], [redacted], [redacted], [redacted]
Ji Song - [redacted], [redacted], [redacted], [redacted]
Zhang Gao - [redacted], [redacted], [redacted], [redacted]
Zhou Mao - [redacted], [redacted], [redacted], [redacted]
Zhuge Dun - [redacted], [redacted], [redacted], [redacted]

Zhou Dun
The guards at the gate did not recognize him by sight yet his name was certainly enough for Zhou Mao to find himself being led into the long audience hall within minutes, where Yue Fei waited. Inside, the main hall of Changsha was a long room with a few windows set high up in the walls to allow daylight to brighten the room, which appeared a bit on the dark side due to the slate grey floors, although exquisitely colorful tapestries were placed about the room as well. At the far end was Yue Fei's desk, although he was not sitting at it currently but rather standing nearby. Upon Zhou's entrance being announced, he quickly turned and walked towards the visitor, his bearded face set in a rather solemn expression. He bowed in greeting and then waved the man forward to come have a seat across from him. Although a few streaks of grey seemed to be creeping into his hair, his tone was light. "Welcome to Changsha, Lord Zhou," he said with a faint smile. "I have saved some of this fine rice wine for when you arrived."
Yue Fei (岳飞) (32) 82-19-88-86-63 Administrator I, Cover I, Deride I, Infiltrator I, Poison II, Spy I, Succor I, Volley II


Return to “Audience Halls”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest