Changsha - Han Xuan's Audience Hall

Online
User avatar
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 6735
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:55 am
Location: PHP world of Warlords :)
Contact:

Changsha - Han Xuan's Audience Hall

Postby Phailak » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:16 pm

Changsha's administrative buildings are poorly decorated and bland. There is a single grand entrance. Any who seek an audience with its lord can simply approach one of the guards and request it.

User avatar
KDS
Lord
Posts: 1383
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:19 am
Location: Somewhere In Jing Province...
Contact:

Re: Changsha - Han Xuan's Audience Hall

Postby KDS » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:46 am

"Master Ji, hmph."

An elderly gentlemen kicked one of the pebbles in front of him as he walked the road leading to the Changsha administrative buildings. His clothes were that of an ordinary peasant, with patchwork done in a variety of places betraying the age of the garments he wore. His wispy grey hair, normally let loose, was tied up in a bun while he wore a simple straw hat to shield his eyes from the sun.

"Only people who call me master are those idiotic kids near home."

Ji Song grumbled to himself as he continued his walk but inside, he couldn't help but feel a little anxious. Having received a communique from the local lord, he didn't know what to expect. There was a reason he kept to himself and stayed away from government affairs. He was almost half-inclined to ignore the letter entirely but decided against it, thinking that if a letter had found its way to him soldiers might not be far behind should he try to dismiss the matter.

"Could have picked a better time though... blasted cold..."

His old bones feeling the chill of winter, Ji Song came up to the administrative buildings and announced himself to the present guards, producing the official letter with the seal of Han Xuan upon it from within his robe.

"Ji Song has arrived as commanded by the Administrator of Changsha, Lord Han Xuan."

Han Xuan
New Recruit
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:46 pm

Re: Changsha - Han Xuan's Audience Hall

Postby Han Xuan » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:19 pm

The old man was escorted to a hall to wait, he was met by an old warrior who bowed upon meeting him.

"Good evening good sir, I am Huang Zhong, general under Lord Han."

Zhong seemed ready to enter the next hall but let his guest make proper introductions first.

User avatar
KDS
Lord
Posts: 1383
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:19 am
Location: Somewhere In Jing Province...
Contact:

Re: Changsha - Han Xuan's Audience Hall

Postby KDS » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:36 pm

Han Xuan wrote:The old man was escorted to a hall to wait, he was met by an old warrior who bowed upon meeting him.

"Good evening good sir, I am Huang Zhong, general under Lord Han."

Zhong seemed ready to enter the next hall but let his guest make proper introductions first.


Rubbing his hands to regain some warmth in them after being escorted inside the building, Ji Song couldn't help but consider that it had been nearly close to if not three decades since he had last been received in an official capacity. Which in a way, again, made him the more nervous but also inquisitive into his requested presence.

Upon the arrival of the general Huang, the elderly Ji reached for the tie under his chin and gave it a quick tug, releasing the straw hat's knot and removed it before returning the bow. Song thought it was curious that it was a military official greeting him and not some civil sycophant but the old man pushed that thought to the side for now.


"General Huang, I am Ji Song. I've received this letter from your Lord and have traveled to Changsha in response."

Producing the letter once again, he offered it to the General with a slight bow and spoke again.

"Opportunity notwithstanding, I'm an old man, General. Truthfully, I'm unsure if I should even be here. But nevertheless, curosity sometimes gets the better of me and old men do strange things at times. Do you understand my position, General?"

Han Xuan
New Recruit
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:46 pm

Re: Changsha - Han Xuan's Audience Hall

Postby Han Xuan » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:37 pm

Zhong nodded.

"I do. Lord Han is in a unique position where he feels the upcoming conflict within Jing will also need those that can influence things beyond the fields of war. Though we are confident in our martial abilities, we perhaps lack a bit in the... diplomacy and civil departments."

Indicating the way, the old warrior said no more as they were brought to Han Xuan's presence.

"Lord Han, here is Master Ji we have talked about."

Lord Han nodded but seemed distracted or like he did not wish to be there.

"Welcome."

Was all he said and there was a moment of silence.

User avatar
KDS
Lord
Posts: 1383
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:19 am
Location: Somewhere In Jing Province...
Contact:

Re: Changsha - Han Xuan's Audience Hall

Postby KDS » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:30 pm

Han Xuan wrote:Zhong nodded.

"I do. Lord Han is in a unique position where he feels the upcoming conflict within Jing will also need those that can influence things beyond the fields of war. Though we are confident in our martial abilities, we perhaps lack a bit in the... diplomacy and civil departments."

Indicating the way, the old warrior said no more as they were brought to Han Xuan's presence.

"Lord Han, here is Master Ji we have talked about."

Lord Han nodded but seemed distracted or like he did not wish to be there.

"Welcome."

Was all he said and there was a moment of silence.


Ji Song raised his hands in the customary salute to the Administrator and gave a bow before Han Xuan. Cursing inwardly at the need for all these prostrations at the expense of his poor bones, Song straightened. The Administrator seemed to be a man of few words. Whether that was due to his own behavior, his role or a combination of both was yet to be determined. Still, he had already come this far...

"The General does me too good a service, I am indeed Ji Song but I am a master of none. I have come in response to the missive sent by your office."

Deciding against sharing what Huang Zhong shared with him before meeting, in case that information was said in confidence, Ji Song continued.

"I also offer a belated congratulations to your defeat of the rogue Liu Bei who attempted to force his way to Jing and usurp your authority and the authority of the other legal administrators in Jing. It is this old man's humble opinion that war should never be the first option yet, it can be unfortunately necessary, especially in these chaotic times."

Han Xuan
New Recruit
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:46 pm

Re: Changsha - Han Xuan's Audience Hall

Postby Han Xuan » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:38 pm

Han stole a look at his old General, it would remind any observer of a child looking at a parent when they want to leave somewhere they did not wish to be.

"Yes, yes, Liu Bei."

He seemed about to say more but this time the look shared with Zhong silenced him.

"Of course, I only wish for peace but there are rumors..."

He lowered his voice.

"They are all plotters!"

Zhong stepped forth to intervene, his motion seemingly calming Xuan.

"The others, they think we plot against them. They think we seek glory in war. This is simply not true, simply not. But most of our loyal men are indeed men of war, we lack... a certain finesse. We seek men to advise us in matters of state as well as war."

It might seem strange to some that the general referred to us instead of Lord Han, but neither man that was present seemed to take notice.

User avatar
KDS
Lord
Posts: 1383
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:19 am
Location: Somewhere In Jing Province...
Contact:

Re: Changsha - Han Xuan's Audience Hall

Postby KDS » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:20 pm

Han Xuan wrote:Han stole a look at his old General, it would remind any observer of a child looking at a parent when they want to leave somewhere they did not wish to be.

"Yes, yes, Liu Bei."

He seemed about to say more but this time the look shared with Zhong silenced him.

"Of course, I only wish for peace but there are rumors..."

He lowered his voice.

"They are all plotters!"

Zhong stepped forth to intervene, his motion seemingly calming Xuan.

"The others, they think we plot against them. They think we seek glory in war. This is simply not true, simply not. But most of our loyal men are indeed men of war, we lack... a certain finesse. We seek men to advise us in matters of state as well as war."

It might seem strange to some that the general referred to us instead of Lord Han, but neither man that was present seemed to take notice.


Song remained silent though couldn't help but raise a slight eyebrow at the outburst delivered by the Administrator. Looking quickly to Huang Zhong as if to infer whether he had somehow offended the lord, his fears were apparently for naught as the elderly general apparently kept Han Xuan in check. Curious, Ji thought to himself as he pondered his words carefully. Could it be that there are in fact strings in this relationship? Blackmail? Or perhaps something else, like caring for an infirm individual...

Turning his attention to the silence that now permeated the room, the old man gazed upon both Xuan and Zhong. What exactly was being offered here? What sort of job do they need fulfilled? Clearing his throat, Song spoke.


Administrator... General, I can appreciate the desire for peace. I also know far too well the flames of war that have been spreading across this land for decades..."

Dare he speak of his past now, right at the tiger's den? It would be a bold move, perhaps too bold even for Song. He had grown used to living now and the thought of an executioner's blade did not sit well with him at all. No, he would hold that back, at least for now. He need to know more about what kind of men these two were. If nothing else, he was used to fleeing by now.

"I am just an old man, decades removed from any official posting and with only the customs and manners taught to me by greater men than I to guide me. But... if there is something that this old man can do to make a mark in the annals of time, I would submit myself to its will."

Han Xuan
New Recruit
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:46 pm

Re: Changsha - Han Xuan's Audience Hall

Postby Han Xuan » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:29 am

Zhong nodded.

"This is the agreement then that we propose to you. We will set you up with an... aide, someone to help you..." he seemed to hesitate with his words a lot before continuing.

"Securing a nearby village. We have a few candidates in mind but the choice is yours, come back in march and you can interview and choose one. Basically, we believe you would need a military man to help you organize. We want you to make this place prosper in our name, spread our influence. Try to make it close to the city so you can also act as a diplomat and advise on state affairs."

Xuan seemed uninterested, nodding at each part of the plan as if bored beyond belief.

OOC: In case it's not clear, they are basically offering you 100 contact points (free low end NPC or an investment towards a better one if desired

User avatar
KDS
Lord
Posts: 1383
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:19 am
Location: Somewhere In Jing Province...
Contact:

Re: Changsha - Han Xuan's Audience Hall

Postby KDS » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:06 pm

Han Xuan wrote:Zhong nodded.

"This is the agreement then that we propose to you. We will set you up with an... aide, someone to help you..." he seemed to hesitate with his words a lot before continuing.

"Securing a nearby village. We have a few candidates in mind but the choice is yours, come back in march and you can interview and choose one. Basically, we believe you would need a military man to help you organize. We want you to make this place prosper in our name, spread our influence. Try to make it close to the city so you can also act as a diplomat and advise on state affairs."

Xuan seemed uninterested, nodding at each part of the plan as if bored beyond belief.

OOC: In case it's not clear, they are basically offering you 100 contact points (free low end NPC or an investment towards a better one if desired


An aide? Perhaps even a minder? Someone to keep an eye on their "interests" as we act upon their name? Or perhaps they already know of my history and wish to keep tabs on me? These thoughts continued to race through Song's head as Zhong continued to speak. Seems this was the opportunity that was spoken of in the letter, however. To control his own village, participate in state affairs, even if it was a minor lord, had been nothing but a pipe dream for decades for Ji Song. Now it was being offered to him on a platter. If the Empire wasn't crumbling around them, this would have never been a possibility.

Song gazed upon Zhong and Xuan again, pondering both men. The local administrator seemed to be content with just being, disinterested in the discussion in front of him. A puppet, perhaps even willingly? Zhong did not seem the type for corruption, like the vile eunuchs of the Captital an age past. Instead, he acted more like a regent would for a child ruler not yet come of age...

Song pushed the thoughts from his mind for the time being. Best not get into that immediately. It seems he would be here again. Offering a small chuckle, Song saluted with a short bow and spoke.


"Now I know I may complain about being old, General, but while the body is weak and infirm the mind is as sharp as ever. I don't need someone to help me in the physical sense but if he became the muscle to my mind, I can certainly see its potential effectiveness there. Very well, I passed by several villages on the way here to Changsha. Let me investigate further as to which would be most in need of effective administration. I shall return in March."


Return to “Audience Halls”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest