Wuling - Jin Xuan's Audience Hall

Jin Xuan
New Recruit

Re: Wuling - Jin Xuan's Audience Hall

Postby Jin Xuan » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:34 pm

The mysterious scholar is ushered in a private room with Jin Xuan.

"Welcome, welcome to Wuling, welcome."

Xuan, already a suspicious and nervous man seemed to be beyond apprehensive.

Mystery GMNPC
New Recruit

Postby Mystery GMNPC » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:17 pm

The visitor stood, his eyes steady and demeanour calm in complete opposition to his host. When the man failed to offer a seat or anything really, he took the lead.

"From our communications, I understand you have heard of my humble talents, blessed as I am to have had the opportunity to serve under men of fame. I have taken my leave from service to my previous Lord so that I may quell the uprising in Jing, perhaps guide you as best as I can to bring peace back to this great province."

His hands still hidden in his sleeves brought great trepidation to his host and so he removed them slowly to his sides.

Jin Xuan
New Recruit

Postby Jin Xuan » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:07 am

Xuan seemed confused with joy.

"To have one such as yourself advise me... there are no words."

Already, a council was called forth to discuss strategy for the coming months.

clouds
General who Splatters all Before Him

Postby clouds » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:34 pm

Hao Wen returned to the city, a bit more war weary but still in good spirits. He spoke to the guards and requested an audience with Jin Xuan.

Mystery GMNPC
New Recruit

Postby Mystery GMNPC » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:02 am

The robed man appeared in the offices of Jin Xuan who was fretting over some reports.

"Thank god you are here, one of those... rebels, they took a city, surely they will come for us now?"

Was that a frown on the usual stoic face of the mystery advisor.

"My Lord, it is time to put our plan into action."

Xuan's eyes darted left and right.

"I don't know, how can that attack make sense now?"

Taking his right hand from his merged sleeves, the calm man continued.

"This is what you have wanted, trust me my Lord."

Jin Xuan
New Recruit

Postby Jin Xuan » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:10 am

clouds wrote:Hao Wen returned to the city, a bit more war weary but still in good spirits. He spoke to the guards and requested an audience with Jin Xuan.

He was admitted to a rather nervous looking Xuan.

"Yes, yes, what is it?"

clouds
General who Splatters all Before Him

Postby clouds » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:19 am

Hao Wen saluted and bowed to him. "My lord, as the months have gone by I have made slow but steady progress. Despite numerous setbacks, my forces are poised to take Zhengyang village from an enemy army. Despite their numbers being larger than ours, I predict we will win in the end. However to ensure a more decisive victory, I've come today to request any reinforcements you can spare. The faster we liberate the village, the more time we will have to raise and train additional soldiers to ward off other ambitious leaders.

AaronH229
Colonel

Postby AaronH229 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:40 am

Zhuge Dun arrives at the hall of Jin Xuan totally abashed. His gambits had failed. Twice there had been less than a 100 soldiers defending the village from him.

Three times he had been forced to fall back as the month came to a close.

"Tell Jin Xuan that I am here to declare I have failed. No matter what I have tried the forces of Liu Du have again and again had barely enough troops to hold out."

rcsha
The Butcher

Postby rcsha » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:22 pm

Hu Jing rides to the city of Wuling, leaving most of his army behind in their hillside encampments. You Yue was not present for him this time, as what he had to do was a more personal thing, only a pair of regular horsemen - well equipped and armored; with better composure than Hu Jing. He came upon the guards and saluted them, his own guardsmen flanking him. "I, uhh...am Hu Jing, rightful Magistrate of Leiyang in the service of Zhao Fan."
He paused and looked at the soldiers with a sigh, fiddling with his knives in their sheaths at his hips nervously. "Guiyang has fallen, so it seems I am without a master and someone in Lord Jin's employ recently wrote to me suggesting I join his cause. I have come within a hair's breadth of losing all that I've achieved, so I have decided to agree to meet with Lord Jin and consider joining him - should he be willing to meet with me."
He dismounted form his horse and looked at the men with a solemn expression. "I've never been to Wuling, you know. I'd hoped a brighter day would elicit my reason for coming; but at least I come for generally peaceful reasons."
Part of him wished that You Yue was there to advise him, but he knew he had to look strong and independent to his potential new master and so had to come alone.

Mystery GMNPC
New Recruit

Postby Mystery GMNPC » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:54 pm

rcsha wrote:Hu Jing rides to the city of Wuling, leaving most of his army behind in their hillside encampments. You Yue was not present for him this time, as what he had to do was a more personal thing, only a pair of regular horsemen - well equipped and armored; with better composure than Hu Jing. He came upon the guards and saluted them, his own guardsmen flanking him. "I, uhh...am Hu Jing, rightful Magistrate of Leiyang in the service of Zhao Fan."
He paused and looked at the soldiers with a sigh, fiddling with his knives in their sheaths at his hips nervously. "Guiyang has fallen, so it seems I am without a master and someone in Lord Jin's employ recently wrote to me suggesting I join his cause. I have come within a hair's breadth of losing all that I've achieved, so I have decided to agree to meet with Lord Jin and consider joining him - should he be willing to meet with me."
He dismounted form his horse and looked at the men with a solemn expression. "I've never been to Wuling, you know. I'd hoped a brighter day would elicit my reason for coming; but at least I come for generally peaceful reasons."
Part of him wished that You Yue was there to advise him, but he knew he had to look strong and independent to his potential new master and so had to come alone.

An official in robes of state arrives for his guest.

"This way."

It was a silent walk for the mysterious man. As they entered the hall where Jin Xuan was surprisingly alone, the man addressed the Lord of Wuling.

"My Lord, Hu Jing to see you, he has a proposal for you."

The man left and closed the door, leaving Hu Jing with Jin Xuan.

Return to “Audience Halls”