General Roleplay

Online
User avatar
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 6723
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:55 am
Location: PHP world of Warlords :)
Contact:

General Roleplay

Postby Phailak » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:14 pm

Southern Jing is home to turmoil and strife in the year 208, many strange encounters and exchanges took place.

OOC: For RPs in southern Jing that do not take place in one of the major cities of the province.

Online
User avatar
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 6723
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:55 am
Location: PHP world of Warlords :)
Contact:

Re: General Roleplay

Postby Phailak » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:51 am

Fei Lai's eyes darted from left to right. So many times in his life until now he had faced dangerous situations, dealing in information was never what a mother would consider a safe way to make a living, but properly managed, it was a good way. In recent times, his business had become known to others, his secrets spilled into the commoners ears, his face suddenly recognizable. It was not a good predicament for a merchant of information to be in. Not knowing anything else, he continued but now one of his sources had revealed that a certain big man was... distraught with Lai and was looking for him.

Having made plans to remove his lovely behind from the current location, he waited for his contact to arrive with arrangements for transport.

"Planning a trip?"

He knew that voice and it was not one of a big scary man. Lai turned in time to see Weasel and his thugs, two low lives from the scums of Wuling.

"Pin, how nice..." but Lai was cut off by the small man.

"Quiet scum, where is my money?"

Lai noticed his contact outside waiting. He would bolt at the first sign of trouble, he looked around the room, hoping to find some way to distract the three ruffians since he knew he did not have any money to cover what the Weasel would ask.

OOC: Open RP with my character if anyone feels like RP'ing

User avatar
Anoriand
Most hated man in China
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:08 pm

Re: General Roleplay

Postby Anoriand » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:58 pm

Liu Quan could be seen on the tavern on this particularly unassuming day. His helmet was on the table in front of him, and he was wearing his blue robes without his armor adorning him. Aside from his helmet, the only thing that really made it seem he wasn't a simple peasant was the long, curve-edged blade in his hand that he was dragging a whetstone against. It was an absent-minded sharpening, wherein he only occasionally looked at the blade. Instead, his focus was on a letter on the table in front of him. He took a sip of the tea he had before him, returning his attention to the latter as he mumbled.

"Fealty to a local lord?... I mean, my family has been made up of officers for years... but am I ready to pledge myself to a banner?..." He began to look around, having pocketed the Whitestone and sheathed his blade on his back. He took another drink of his tea, getting his bearings on his surroundings while he pondered his thoughts.

Online
User avatar
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 6723
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:55 am
Location: PHP world of Warlords :)
Contact:

Re: General Roleplay

Postby Phailak » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:41 pm

Anoriand wrote:Liu Quan could be seen on the tavern on this particularly unassuming day. His helmet was on the table in front of him, and he was wearing his blue robes without his armor adorning him. Aside from his helmet, the only thing that really made it seem he wasn't a simple peasant was the long, curve-edged blade in his hand that he was dragging a whetstone against. It was an absent-minded sharpening, wherein he only occasionally looked at the blade. Instead, his focus was on a letter on the table in front of him. He took a sip of the tea he had before him, returning his attention to the latter as he mumbled.

"Fealty to a local lord?... I mean, my family has been made up of officers for years... but am I ready to pledge myself to a banner?..." He began to look around, having pocketed the Whitestone and sheathed his blade on his back. He took another drink of his tea, getting his bearings on his surroundings while he pondered his thoughts.


Lai was backing up now, showing his hands in both a supplicant gesture and that he had no purse. Doing so, he bumped into a gentleman drinking tea.

"Apologies", Lai said over his shoulder, never taking his eyes off the three men in front of him.

User avatar
Anoriand
Most hated man in China
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:08 pm

Re: General Roleplay

Postby Anoriand » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:50 am

Quan had just set down his teacup when Lai bumped into him. He snapped in that direction, but hearing the apology immediately calmed him... until he noticed the gesture the man was making with his hands and the type of men coming towards him. He figured out, pretty quickly, that something was going on, but the nature of the three men who were advancing and the three-to-one disparity meant he knew which side to choose. He stood up, tapping Fei Lai's shoulder and hoping he'd follow along.

"It's just me, boss. Who are your friends, you wanna introduce me?"

Quan waved to the men before him, half-grinning and generally trying to play like he didn't see what was going on, then lifting his hand to rub the back of his neck, keeping his hand close to the hilt of his sword as a result.

Online
User avatar
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 6723
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:55 am
Location: PHP world of Warlords :)
Contact:

Re: General Roleplay

Postby Phailak » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:45 am

Anoriand wrote:Quan had just set down his teacup when Lai bumped into him. He snapped in that direction, but hearing the apology immediately calmed him... until he noticed the gesture the man was making with his hands and the type of men coming towards him. He figured out, pretty quickly, that something was going on, but the nature of the three men who were advancing and the three-to-one disparity meant he knew which side to choose. He stood up, tapping Fei Lai's shoulder and hoping he'd follow along.

"It's just me, boss. Who are your friends, you wanna introduce me?"

Quan waved to the men before him, half-grinning and generally trying to play like he didn't see what was going on, then lifting his hand to rub the back of his neck, keeping his hand close to the hilt of his sword as a result.


The courage of the three facing them quickly dissipated, the ploy working perfectly.

"I want my money Lai!"

They quickly fled and Lai turned to the stranger.

"Well met, please allow me to buy you a drink. I am Fei Lai of Yan."

He bowed to the man that likely just saved him from one hell of a beating.

User avatar
Anoriand
Most hated man in China
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:08 pm

Re: General Roleplay

Postby Anoriand » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:08 pm

Quan chuckled, waving away the man's statement and grinning. He offered his hand to the open seat opposite him, and sat back down to enjoy his tea.

"Liu Quan. Pleasure to meet you... boss." Quan winked and chuckled again, taking a sip of his drink before he continued.

"So, they seemed friendly. I'm going to guess you all aren't exactly the best of friends? Well, I don't know if they're the type to come back with a surprise attack, but they definitely seem the type to only attack when they have a commanding advantage, so you're welcome to stick around to a bit if you'd like."

Online
User avatar
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 6723
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:55 am
Location: PHP world of Warlords :)
Contact:

Re: General Roleplay

Postby Phailak » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:55 am

Anoriand wrote:Quan chuckled, waving away the man's statement and grinning. He offered his hand to the open seat opposite him, and sat back down to enjoy his tea.

"Liu Quan. Pleasure to meet you... boss." Quan winked and chuckled again, taking a sip of his drink before he continued.

"So, they seemed friendly. I'm going to guess you all aren't exactly the best of friends? Well, I don't know if they're the type to come back with a surprise attack, but they definitely seem the type to only attack when they have a commanding advantage, so you're welcome to stick around to a bit if you'd like."


Lai shook his head smiling.

"I am a pretty fortunate guy, I think I'll take you up on that offer, want any to drink?"

Lai sat down. The server seemed to know him pretty well, he order something that smelled strongly of spice.

User avatar
Anoriand
Most hated man in China
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:08 pm

Re: General Roleplay

Postby Anoriand » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:54 am

Quan looked over at the man's cup, eyeing it for a moment before he shrugged and chuckled again.

"Hey, you only live once. Why not. I'll try it." Quan rolled up his letter and put it away at this point, deciding he would think on its contents later.

"So, outside of your friends back there, what brings you around these parts?"

Online
User avatar
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 6723
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:55 am
Location: PHP world of Warlords :)
Contact:

Re: General Roleplay

Postby Phailak » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:50 am

Anoriand wrote:Quan looked over at the man's cup, eyeing it for a moment before he shrugged and chuckled again.

"Hey, you only live once. Why not. I'll try it." Quan rolled up his letter and put it away at this point, deciding he would think on its contents later.

"So, outside of your friends back there, what brings you around these parts?"


"Business. I am a merchant of sorts, I deal in... information."

The waiter returned with the drinks.

"What about you?"


Return to “Roleplay”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest