88%
No
13%

Total votes: 8

Naxr
Colonel

Re: Start a new game as is?

Postby Naxr » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:55 pm

So would we be doing the civil piece too for this?

As far as logistics go, I appreciate having strategic aspects to the game that would be fun and not bog the game down. As far as the current set up goes (as I understand it), the randomness of multiple attackers coming at one place which forces all but one to randomly withdraw, well, I'm not sure what it would look like but there must be a better way. And I wonder how quickly the game would progress before the playing field becomes uneven and how we would respond to that.
Huang Liao 67-27-70-64-80 Administration 2, Decoy 1, Deride 3, Disrupt 2, Entangle 1, Jeer 2, Scout 3, Aid 1, Delay 1, Drafting 3, Confuse 1

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:26 pm

Well new mechanic introduced would be spy or intelligence points which you can use to ensure you are the sole attacker
Yeah will introduce a new civil system with simple mechanics if i can come up with one

Trendkill
Colonel

Postby Trendkill » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:41 pm

What about an independent GMNPC force that, at least initially, only acts to balance battles, should multiple allies gang up on a weaker force. It works politically because said independent would want to keep a balance of power. As the game progresses you can change their stance to allow the eventual conquest of China.

Sort of a military moderator if you will.
Yue Feng (18/M)

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:33 pm

Good idea, though we're going with the 1 vs 1 battles, I'm sure there still will be OOC alliances (coordinated attacks and such) so maybe we can use the GMNPCs a bit more, the challenge is making sure people don't feel it's bias

Trendkill
Colonel

Postby Trendkill » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:13 pm

I believe that, so long as the actions of the independent power is to help guide the plot, there shouldn't be an issue.

Of course that would be taking more of a traditional RPG campaign structure and less like the free-for-all these Sims tend to be.
Yue Feng (18/M)

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:27 pm

I found that last game the GMNPCs were a bit too passive anyway, will think on a way to incorporate what you suggest

Return to “OOC”