Battle turn 10 against Guiyang (City) - for Liu Quan (Anoriand)

Anoriand
Most hated man in China

Re: Battle turn 10 against Guiyang (City) - for Liu Quan (Anoriand)

Postby Anoriand » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:14 pm

Quan grinned, looking at the letter and then to the man.

"Of course it was good advice. I wasn't threatening anyone, I was trying to keep all of you safe. And... well, I would expect no such thing." Quan turned, facing Zhao Fan and extending his right arm.

"I expect only for you to call me your friend and your ally... anything else doesn't matter."

Zhao Fan
Ensign

Postby Zhao Fan » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:28 pm

Clasping it quickly, Fan smiled his first true smile in what felt like ages as he looked upon his new lord... master... and..."

"Friend, then."

(Zhao Fan has joined Liu Quan!)

Anoriand
Most hated man in China

Postby Anoriand » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:17 pm

(OOC: Got approval for this from Phailak.)

And so, Liu Quan, Zhao Fan, Chen Ying and the rest of Liu Quans officers waited upon the veranda while the people of Guiyang were gathered. He had then gathered before the Audience Hall that he might address them in the wake of this battle to make his choices, his beliefs and his hopes clear. At best it might help their cause for the future, while it worst ot would be a fruitless waste of time. Regardless, he spoke as the people had been gathered, the throngs before him likely wondering what he was about to say.

"Citizens of Guiyang! I am Liu Quan, and it is my banner that now flies over Guiyang! You may have heard of me before now... but I have brought you all here to set forth the truth, and to give you all a choice." Quan looked up to the sky, sighing slightly and hoping his words would not fall on deaf ears as he spoke.

"I have been one who marched under Zhao Fan, and then later was called as a traitor. I have been branded as a criminal and no doubt as worse in other circles. And recently, you have seen my armies march on this place... and yet, Zhao Fan stands beside me! He was not threatened, and will make no speech of how you all must submit, for that isn't what I stand for. I fly this banner and march these armies in the name of Justice, of Honor and of Valor. Chao Fan never wished to brand me a criminal, he was made to by forces outside of his control... and I forgive him for it. Chen Ying saw me as a man who stood against his sworn lord and betrayed him... and I forgive him for it. These men made choices they felt at the time were right! For me to mark them as criminals or kill them... it only seeks to further the injustices that we have all grown to accept as the way of things. Well no longer! They are pardoned of any and all accusations, and shall join me in attempting to bring Jing peace! The same goes to Bao Long and Lady Fan of they are out there, as well as any soldier who fought us: You are absolved of any accusation, and free to join us! And if you choose not to, you have my blessing. You shall not be considered criminals here in Guiyang." At this Quan drew his blade, bringing it up to the air as he continued to give his heart and soul to the gathered people.

"Citizens, hear me! We can have a society built on such things! Built on the chance to become something great, and further on the chance to not have to accept things that are wrong just because we lack power! We have the chance to make something new, fresh and wonderful! We have the chance to become something greater than anyone could have ever imagined! I ask all of you here today: If any man among you should find himself willing to fight for something so bold, to fight for a future that pure and true... let his cries ring out! It matters not your background! Whether you have stood with me or against me, whether you are a fighter or a farmer whether you have known only victory or been handed stunning defeat, I say to you that you are welcome here! That you will always be welcome here! I ask you all please... march with me to a better and brighter future! Stand tall with me and let us move towards this light! Who, among you, is with me? Whoever it may be... let him shout it to the heavens here and now! And let him step forward and join us to fight for a better future for us all!" With that, some of Liu Quans troops raised their fist and shouted, but for the most part Quan was eyeing the people to see how they would respond.

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:00 am

The soldiers and people in general seemed indifferent to all of this, to them it seemed a change of leadership was something out of their control.

OOC: Zhao Fan added as NPC

Return to “Battles”