Technical and Rules questions V5 (Archived)

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Technical and Rules questions V5 (Archived)

Postby Phailak » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:07 pm

Any questions / concerns / suggestions on the rules and tools can be asked here.

Rebel
NPC spammer

Re: Technical and Rules questions

Postby Rebel » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:10 pm

Hey. The game looks great and the automation should be a big help.

I have a question about the Personal Plans. It says the assessment phase is executed in the middle so I am guessing it is executed after 5 daily turns?

For eg. lets say my pc runs out of stamina after daily phase 5 and I put the assessment phase to reset stamina to 100. On my 6th daily, I will have stamina of 100, right?

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:14 pm

Correct. Any of the three really is like a reset of sorts after turn / round 5

Rebel
NPC spammer

Postby Rebel » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:29 pm

Great. Just one thing I noticed in the personal phase. In the middle assessment it allows you to reset production to 100 while motivation can be increased by 25 points. It seems unlikely however that anyone would run out of production since it costs so little in all the actions. However motivation does seem like something that can drop very quickly as it costs 10-15 for most actions and extra 5 motivation for repeating an action.

Am I missing something here?

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:40 pm

Well, thing about motivation is that it's a swing stat. If you are successful in your tactic, you don't lose X motivation, you gain it. So it's the main reason why it's a straight bonus as opposed to reset.

It was in the notes in reference tables, maybe I'll add it to the planning phase rules

viewtopic.php?p=179264#p179264

*NOTE: Explanation for certain colums:
Stamina cost: Number is how much stamina is removed from your initial 100. Resting costs 0 because you gain stamina back (see Gains column for amount)
Motivation factor: The number here shows how much you gain with successful tactics but also how much you lose when you fail them
Production effect: Production goes down each phase and with most tactics the production effect is null but some actually give you a small boost.
Gains: Base amount that you gain from the tactic for the appropriate category. This is added to the random number between the min and max columns that follow it. So a min of 1 and max of 6 means you can get an extra 1-6 added to the gains number.

Rebel
NPC spammer

Postby Rebel » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:52 pm

Ah.. I was looking at planning phase and thought you always lose motivation when doing stuff. :oops:

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:31 pm

I updated the planning phase section with the same note to make it more clear

King Tao
Major

Postby King Tao » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:50 pm

Shouldn't training gained through the planning phase be correlated with the amount of troops being trained? Perhaps have it that the number being divided by is like 1/4 the troops being trained? Otherwise it makes troop training a lot more worthwhile than the NPC recruitment points (takes minimum of 4 turns to get the lowest tier NPC) or Spying.
Kung Fang 78-71-35-68-28 Charge 2, Cover 2, Encourage 1, Raid 1, Support 2, Volley 1, Wall 1

BaiHu
Kung Xian

[02:36] <TGC> I never thought I'd ever say that but, thanks, KT.

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:07 pm

Well in theory you have two ways to accumulate NPC points right? Likely one of those should be close to 60 (even a single stat might warrior can potentially have 60+ jud) so that's 45 npc points per turn, so 2-3 turns.

I guess one could argue how much more important training is compared to NPCs. Because KTs are dumbed down so much, it might not do much of a difference but we'll have to keep an eye on it and adjust if need be. Not many of these rules or settings have been validated in game anyway, we concentrated more on making the tools work, so this run here will likely give us a lot of changes.

Knuckle
New Recruit

Postby Knuckle » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:37 pm

Attack, Feint, and Counter all seem to 'defeat' eachother creating a paradox to all those skills in dueling.
Last edited by Knuckle on Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Tibetan Wanderer 96-19-17-42-70 Aid 2, Discipline 1, Encourage 2, Raid 1, Rupture 2, Support 1, Wall 1

RIP Rah-Ky 65-60-60-75-57 Barrage 1, Barricade 1, Delay 1, Drafting 3, Haste 1, Poison 2, Rupture 2, Support 2, Administration 3

Return to “Rules”