Technical and Rules questions V5 (Archived)

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Technical and Rules questions

Postby Phailak » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:49 pm

Chinka wrote:Can you craft items and give to another player?

No, looking into a better crafting / trading system next version, but in this one no

Mardagg
GameBreaker

Postby Mardagg » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:47 pm

Is there a way we can know wich officers is attacking so we could mount a proprer defense ?

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:55 pm

Mardagg wrote:Is there a way we can know wich officers is attacking so we could mount a proprer defense ?

No, what you see in the BM tool is all you get. Maybe we can implement some changes for next version with spying since like spying is doing NOTHING this version

Mardagg
GameBreaker

Postby Mardagg » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:21 pm

It seem weird not to know who are moving against you ICly you would see flags of officers leading troops, but in most game you can know who you are facing. Also in long term game we need to face the fact that all officers on the map can move to defend any location making it very hard to Attack unless you are attacking with a large group of people on a single location making it difficult to counter : we might need to make some road in the next version ?

Questions:

1- if we defend a location can officers attacking you decide to retreat and no battle occurs?

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:24 pm

Mardagg wrote:It seem weird not to know who are moving against you ICly you would see flags of officers leading troops, but in most game you can know who you are facing. Also in long term game we need to face the fact that all officers on the map can move to defend any location making it very hard to Attack unless you are attacking with a large group of people on a single location making it difficult to counter : we might need to make some road in the next version ?

Questions:

1- if we defend a location can officers attacking you decide to retreat and no battle occurs?

Only way to withdraw is in phase 1 when you are deciding to send a defense force, so yes that can happen. They cannot withdraw once they see your force though

Rebel
NPC spammer

Postby Rebel » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:36 am

Abandoning locations is a bad thing. If you want to be a warmonger, that's your thing, but you will have to live with the desertions that come with it. To avoid penalties, you need to show the people you are actually trying to protect them. If you can't send 20% of the attacking force can't send 250 for a village, 1000 for a town, X for a city (to be determined later) don't bother sending anything because you will suffer the desertions anyway. Yes this means you can't spread yourself too thin because many small attacks could be your undoing. If people feel abandoned, you will suffer desertion to your soldiers the following turn and lose income and soldier recruitment for that same turn to the tune of:

If you abandon a village, 10% of soldiers will leave and you will lose 15% of gold and soldiers produced that turn
If you abandon a town, 15% of soldiers will leave and you will lose 20% of gold and soldiers produced that turn
If you abandon a city, 20% of soldiers will leave and you will lose 25% of gold and soldiers produced that turn
*exception if you abandon your last settlement and end up in a camp, no losses incurred there

Some Questions.

1. Who loses the troops? The administrator of the settlement or the one who's flag is on it?

2. It says you will lose 15%, 20% of gold and soldiers produced that turn. Does this mean the next turn following the abandonment of settlement or the turn on which the attacks were made? If so, do you lose 15% of aggregate from all of your leftover settlements or just the village that was abandoned?

For eg. Let say I have 4 villages each producing 200 gold/troops and I have 2000 soldiers. I get attacked on two locations and abandon one village while defending the other. After the turn I have 1500 soldiers left from battles and 3 villages.

On the turn I was attacked my total production was 800 gold, 800 soldiers. The turn after abandoning the village my production is 600 gold, 600 soldiers.

My understanding is I will lose 10% of the leftover army (ie 150 troops) and 15% of gold and soldiers that will be produced from each of the three leftover villages? But the wording makes it seem I will lose 15% of production from all four villages on the turn the attack took place?

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:06 pm

Rebel wrote:
Some Questions.

1. Who loses the troops? The administrator of the settlement or the one who's flag is on it?

Rebel wrote:
The person that owns it.

2. It says you will lose 15%, 20% of gold and soldiers produced that turn. Does this mean the next turn following the abandonment of settlement or the turn on which the attacks were made? If so, do you lose 15% of aggregate from all of your leftover settlements or just the village that was abandoned?

For eg. Let say I have 4 villages each producing 200 gold/troops and I have 2000 soldiers. I get attacked on two locations and abandon one village while defending the other. After the turn I have 1500 soldiers left from battles and 3 villages.

On the turn I was attacked my total production was 800 gold, 800 soldiers. The turn after abandoning the village my production is 600 gold, 600 soldiers.

My understanding is I will lose 10% of the leftover army (ie 150 troops) and 15% of gold and soldiers that will be produced from each of the three leftover villages? But the wording makes it seem I will lose 15% of production from all four villages on the turn the attack took place?

Following turn AFTER you lost the location you abandoned, so it is taken from what you have left. Yes, it's from your total gains, bigger you are, more punish you get.

Guardian Arrow
Ensign

Postby Guardian Arrow » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:09 am

Is Entangle only supposed to work for one turn? It doesn't mention that anywhere in the rules that I've noticed, but that's what it did in the battle at Zhangxiang this last turn. It seems counter-intuitive for it to work that way while nothing else seems to be a one-turn effect, and makes it seem pretty useless.

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:29 am

Guardian Arrow wrote:Is Entangle only supposed to work for one turn? It doesn't mention that anywhere in the rules that I've noticed, but that's what it did in the battle at Zhangxiang this last turn. It seems counter-intuitive for it to work that way while nothing else seems to be a one-turn effect, and makes it seem pretty useless.

Basically, tactics are one turn effects unless they affect, effectiveness, morale or supplies. Speed, attack, defense, one turn effects (or supposed to be anyway)

Guardian Arrow
Ensign

Postby Guardian Arrow » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:50 am

So, the battle tool just told me only 10 officers can be assigned to the army. I don't think that's mentioned anywhere in the rules either. If that's not an oversight, it shouldn't matter to me here but it might be good for people to know ahead of time! :P

Return to “Rules”