Rage of youth

Moderator: Game Masters

Meia
Sergeant
Posts: 290
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:58 pm
Location: Yan
Contact:

Re: Rage of youth

Postby Meia » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:24 am

Phailak wrote:@Meia
There was simply no trace of the old man. He had never returned to their base of operations and the funds from Tong were all gone. Could he have stolen them and fled. When she was about to give up, she noticed a boy was following her and his skills were mediocre at best so she scolded herself for not noticing before, unless it had not been that long? She ambushed him on the next corner and his skinny hide was no match for her grip, yet his steeled gaze attempted to mask his fear at having been discovered.


Her hands trembled uncontrollably when she gripped the boy tightly by his shoulders, and she had pulled the boy up against the wall that he hardly had his toes on the ground. What had gotten into her to react this way, she did not know. "You have been following me. Why? Who are you?" Yi urged as she shook the boy a little.
Lady Ding Yi--丁 怡 age 25, the (EX!) PC ^_^v and future Queen of Yan
78-72-47-77-54
Civil Administrator II, Discipline 3, Gongshu I, Military Administrator I, Propagandist 3*, Public Planner I, Sortie II, Wall I, Yueshu I
Equipment: none
785 gold
Bio/Char Description

User avatar
gravenimages
General
Posts: 918
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:28 am
Location: Sanctify them through Thy truth: Thy word is truth. John. 17:17
Contact:

Re: Rage of youth

Postby gravenimages » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:14 pm

Li Dao Wen wrote:The big Ogre started to tone down his voice, reverting from cruel and despising to merely gruff. The boy was trying to be helpful, and he was indeed doing him and Hin Wu a great service. Turning to the Duke, he crossed his arms together in wonder. "I don't suppose you've heard of the diatribes which I have hurled against the boy's father, no? Perhaps it would be good if you can talk to the boy. I would imagine myself to be quite... Unsuited to the task."

He sheathed the double halberds behind him to portray a less dangerous figure, though he still posed a grave figure. Looking down at the boy, five feet below his mounted figure, he smiled grimly. "Boy, perhaps you can follow this... Grandpa, and guide his inquiries."


Wu looks to the large man appraisingly. Admirable self-restraint, even a sense of humor in such a vexatious situation, clearly the Ogre was more than a brute such as the late Guan Huang. "The boy Tong has jobbed and used us, and refused to even acknowledge my presence when I reported to his 'base of operations'... I would not suggest proceeding in that manner. You might attempt to locate Lady Ding, or find out what happened to those men who disappeared during the fight, although I'd guess they are bleeding out somewhere. I don't believe we should look to support Tong any longer, but neither should we simply leave."

Wu turns to the boy who is there with them, and nods towards the Magistrate's home. "Any chance you know any of the guards here? We are lacking a lot of information and I think anyone who is close to the Magistrate could help to fill in some of the holes."

V1: Absentee
V2: Da Re, child Duke of Yin
V3: Ouhuan Bai Zhan
V4: Xiang Hin (the PC formerly known as Hin Wu) http://www.simwarlords.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4910&p=177169#p177169

Online
User avatar
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 6731
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:55 am
Location: PHP world of Warlords :)
Contact:

Re: Rage of youth

Postby Phailak » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:13 pm

Meia wrote:
Phailak wrote:@Meia
There was simply no trace of the old man. He had never returned to their base of operations and the funds from Tong were all gone. Could he have stolen them and fled. When she was about to give up, she noticed a boy was following her and his skills were mediocre at best so she scolded herself for not noticing before, unless it had not been that long? She ambushed him on the next corner and his skinny hide was no match for her grip, yet his steeled gaze attempted to mask his fear at having been discovered.


Her hands trembled uncontrollably when she gripped the boy tightly by his shoulders, and she had pulled the boy up against the wall that he hardly had his toes on the ground. What had gotten into her to react this way, she did not know. "You have been following me. Why? Who are you?" Yi urged as she shook the boy a little.


The boy knew he was caught and to his credit, did not try to bullshit his way out.

"Some guy in a hood paid me to keep tabs on ya, is all. See?"

He showed her three gold coins, a fortune for a boy his age, what was he anyway 13? The boy hid back his small treasure as if realizing the stupidity of having shown it in the first place.

She could not shake the feeling of acting, like this was all a rehearsed script...

gravenimages wrote:
Li Dao Wen wrote:The big Ogre started to tone down his voice, reverting from cruel and despising to merely gruff. The boy was trying to be helpful, and he was indeed doing him and Hin Wu a great service. Turning to the Duke, he crossed his arms together in wonder. "I don't suppose you've heard of the diatribes which I have hurled against the boy's father, no? Perhaps it would be good if you can talk to the boy. I would imagine myself to be quite... Unsuited to the task."

He sheathed the double halberds behind him to portray a less dangerous figure, though he still posed a grave figure. Looking down at the boy, five feet below his mounted figure, he smiled grimly. "Boy, perhaps you can follow this... Grandpa, and guide his inquiries."


Wu looks to the large man appraisingly. Admirable self-restraint, even a sense of humor in such a vexatious situation, clearly the Ogre was more than a brute such as the late Guan Huang. "The boy Tong has jobbed and used us, and refused to even acknowledge my presence when I reported to his 'base of operations'... I would not suggest proceeding in that manner. You might attempt to locate Lady Ding, or find out what happened to those men who disappeared during the fight, although I'd guess they are bleeding out somewhere. I don't believe we should look to support Tong any longer, but neither should we simply leave."

Wu turns to the boy who is there with them, and nods towards the Magistrate's home. "Any chance you know any of the guards here? We are lacking a lot of information and I think anyone who is close to the Magistrate could help to fill in some of the holes."


"Sure I know the kid, from before he got sick. He has a healer come with a bodyguard every week, come to think of it, not always the same healer and bodyguard on account of the Magistrate's wife's temper, you can hear her swearing from down the street..."

User avatar
gravenimages
General
Posts: 918
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:28 am
Location: Sanctify them through Thy truth: Thy word is truth. John. 17:17
Contact:

Re: Rage of youth

Postby gravenimages » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:41 am

"Hmm..." Hin Wu muses, then looks Rui up and down. "Well, you certainly fit the role of a bodyguard, and I could bluff my way through being a healer with a little coaching." He looks back to the boy. "Can you tell me about the young man's illness?"

V1: Absentee
V2: Da Re, child Duke of Yin
V3: Ouhuan Bai Zhan
V4: Xiang Hin (the PC formerly known as Hin Wu) http://www.simwarlords.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4910&p=177169#p177169

Meia
Sergeant
Posts: 290
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:58 pm
Location: Yan
Contact:

Re: Rage of youth

Postby Meia » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:49 am

The boy knew he was caught and to his credit, did not try to bullshit his way out.

"Some guy in a hood paid me to keep tabs on ya, is all. See?"

He showed her three gold coins, a fortune for a boy his age, what was he anyway 13? The boy hid back his small treasure as if realizing the stupidity of having shown it in the first place.

She could not shake the feeling of acting, like this was all a rehearsed script...

Ding snapped at the boy, wanting more answers. "Follow me.. and then what? And describe this guy; his build, clothing." If the boy was defiant, Yi would take the gold coins from him.
Lady Ding Yi--丁 怡 age 25, the (EX!) PC ^_^v and future Queen of Yan
78-72-47-77-54
Civil Administrator II, Discipline 3, Gongshu I, Military Administrator I, Propagandist 3*, Public Planner I, Sortie II, Wall I, Yueshu I
Equipment: none
785 gold
Bio/Char Description

Online
User avatar
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 6731
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:55 am
Location: PHP world of Warlords :)
Contact:

Re: Rage of youth

Postby Phailak » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:17 pm

@Graven and LDW
The boy's shoulder went up in innocence.

"If I had to guess, it has to do with his breathing. He has always been forbidden to play with other kids and is out of breath for the rare moments he is outside."

@Meia
The boy tried to get loose a bit but was surprised by the woman's strength, trying to then make it look like he did not care she had him in an iron grip.

"I don't know, I was blinded by the gold. You know slight build, smelled of some spice... like reeked of it and I usually don't notice smells."

Pointing to himself in an obvious setting of his own stench.

"Not a spice, more like a sweet herb, if I smelled it again I could tell you for sure."

User avatar
gravenimages
General
Posts: 918
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:28 am
Location: Sanctify them through Thy truth: Thy word is truth. John. 17:17
Contact:

Re: Rage of youth

Postby gravenimages » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:23 pm

Phailak wrote:@Graven and LDW
The boy's shoulder went up in innocence.

"If I had to guess, it has to do with his breathing. He has always been forbidden to play with other kids and is out of breath for the rare moments he is outside."


Wu looks to his companion and then back to the boy... Something seems to be dawning on him. "You said you knew him before he was sick... How long has he been so?"

V1: Absentee
V2: Da Re, child Duke of Yin
V3: Ouhuan Bai Zhan
V4: Xiang Hin (the PC formerly known as Hin Wu) http://www.simwarlords.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4910&p=177169#p177169

Online
User avatar
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 6731
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:55 am
Location: PHP world of Warlords :)
Contact:

Re: Rage of youth

Postby Phailak » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:37 pm

Boy shrugged

"Years really, I barely remember when he was not. I would not call him my friend, but when we were much younger, we played though he was always so frail. I'd say maybe 7 to 9 years ago?"

User avatar
gravenimages
General
Posts: 918
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:28 am
Location: Sanctify them through Thy truth: Thy word is truth. John. 17:17
Contact:

Re: Rage of youth

Postby gravenimages » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:23 pm

Wu nods sagely. "I appreciate your help, young man. Is there any boon you would ask in return?"

V1: Absentee
V2: Da Re, child Duke of Yin
V3: Ouhuan Bai Zhan
V4: Xiang Hin (the PC formerly known as Hin Wu) http://www.simwarlords.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4910&p=177169#p177169

User avatar
Arkain Hibiki
Lieutenant
Posts: 387
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:06 pm

Re: Rage of youth

Postby Arkain Hibiki » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:59 pm

**Bah, I knew I was forgetting something. Totally didn't remember I was in this. Picking up where I left off, if possible...**

Tianshi decided it would be best for him to wait in town. After all, he was now apparently in charge of the money the group was to be using, so he went back to the tavern, allowing the others to do all the foot work. Besides, his job was to win battles, not not run around looking for people. His presence in the tavern would be well known, having aided the defense of the town, so any interested parties would be able to find him there. But, he would keep his eye out for the old man, should he return to take over guarding the money.
Tie Yi Tianshi
97*/83*/30/69/43
Aid II, Jianshu II, Military Admin II, Raid I, Wall II


Return to “Quests & Events”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest